In the words of Buzz Lightyear.........
Trip Start Jun 14, 2013
54Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Well not quite but on Friday i will be leaving from Terminal 4 Heathrow Airport at 1315 arriving in Goa at 0620 the following day.
I will try and keep the blog updated with prices for things as much as possible as i found this information from other members blogs really helpful while i have been planning my trip for the last year or two.
My flight is with Air India and cost £322.00 , i have just under a 2 hour layover in Mumbai before catching the connecting flight into Goa.
Once i arrive in Goa i will be getting a taxi to Asterix's hostel which i have booked 7 nights for a price of £4.17 a night. The hostel is located close to Vagator beach and well within walking distance of Anjuana beach aswell.
The taxi journey costs approximately 1100 to 1300 rupees (12-15 quid) which is amazing for a 90 minute taxi! Better than the rip off merchants in Cheltenham charging me £15 to go 8 miles.
I have booked my insurace through bupa which were surprisingly a very good price for the cover you get, alot cheaper than any other companies i received and the insurance cover is a good extensive policy and bar me base jumping of the Petronas Towers it should cover me for everything that i will be doing. The cover cost £367 for 18 months which i was pretty happy with especially going through Bupa.
I have spent many many an hour reading numerous blogs/websites about what i should pack to take with me on my travels and the list below is everything i have, altough i expect a few things will be missed from the list
- Lower Alpine Kongur 65-75 Litre Rucksack
- Osprey Quasar 30 Litre day bag
- 3 pairs of Craghopper trousers which zip off into shorts
- 4 T shirts from pri mark which cost a few quid each that after a few months i will chuck out and buy new ones while i am away
- 2 polo shirts for the times i have to look remotely smart
- 5 pairs of boxers/socks
- pocket hd camcored which i got as a leaving present from work
- Laptop, i deabted on weather taking a laptop was a good idea but as i have a laptop which is a few years old i decided it would be worth it as many hostels have free wifi so it would be good for booking hostels, keeping in touch etc plus if it gets broken/stolen/lost i havent lost a new fancy piece of gear
- charges etc for all electronic equipment
- toilet bag with the usual like razors , toothpaste/brush etc etc etc
- 3 canoe sacks which if you dont know are waterproof air tight bags which you can use to stuff items in to keep them dry and they also help save room, i will probably use 2 for clean clothes and then the 3rd will be full of all my dirty washing
- chain to keep wallet/keys attached to my person
- a pacsafe travel belt which looks like your normal belt but on the inside has a zip for you to store money in
- 2 karabiners for clipping crap onto
- water bottle
- first aid kit
- travel tower
- sleeping bag liner
- sandals/flip flops