Round Two Singapore

Trip Start Nov 27, 2012
Trip End May 08, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Singapore  ,
Saturday, February 23, 2013

We left Bali heading to Greece at 9 am and booked connections through Singapore and Qatar, both with enough time to leave the airport and hang out in the city.  We arrived in Singapore sometime early afternoon and didn't fly out until 2 am.  We found a place to store our bags and jumped on the Skytrain to terminal 3 to get some Carls Jr. which was obviously delicious and Cory's first time treating himself to the CJ.  After lunch we headed to the MRT (subway) and took it to the mall to grab another Sky train to Sentosa.  We headed to the casino in Sentosa and it was less than kind to us and definitely didn't kill as much time as we had hoped.  We wanted to go to the worlds largest aquarium on Sentosa so that is where we went next.  Had we won at the cheens we were going to hit up MGS Studios... but we were now priced out.   The aquarium was pretty deadly and really interesting.  There was so many different types of jelly fish, sharks, spider crabs (which are monsters), eels, etc... standard aquarium stuff.  All in all the presentation of the aquarium was great.  It was super clean, which comes as no surprise being that it is Singapore.  We went through in about an hour then bummed around the mall which has some cool things like a huge ark filled with fake animals and a timeline of pirate history.  We watched a band play for a bit on the stage inside, then decided to head to the boardwalk (Clarke Quay) for dinner and to people watch. We shopped around for a restaurant that would be decently priced and had wi-fi and we found one riverside.  We sat and had some good food and browsed the net trying to gather information on Qatar and Greece.  They had Guinness and a cyder there so I got the bartender to make me a couple crown floats.  We sat enjoying the lights and river for a couple hours then headed early to the airport in hopes of getting a rest.   When we got to the airport we found a bathroom with no one in it and tried to clean up as much as possible given we have been travelling for a day without a shower, which is an experience on its own.  Then we headed down to check my bag.  We were likely the first to try and check in to our flight, which was good because Qatar Airlines decided they didn't think we should be allowed to fly because we didn't have outward flights from Greece.  We argued with them for about an hour... so much for sleep... and they still wouldn't budge.  we were now about ten minutes from not being able to get on the flight and we started freaking out.  Their issue was that they thought that Greece would not let us in because it was a Visa requirement to have an outward flight booked.  I told them over and over again that we did not need a Visa but they just wouldn't listen.  They called someone in Greece Customs who told them it would be better if we had an outbound flight. This went on back and fourth until we were right at the time we could not check in. Finally the other girl said that if we booked a hotel we would be allowed to fly.  We planned on booking from Qatar but not a big deal.  However, the wi-fi would not work and they would not provide me with a computer to book it.  They then said they would give us our tickets but we had to go in, find wi-fi and book a hotel to show the counter as we checked in.  We had about 5 minutes to boarding.   Now I am frantically trying to get on the internet and it gets to last call for boarding.  Finally I get a connection and book the highest rated hotel for the cheapest price, not really caring but wanting to not miss our $700 flights.  I get to the gate and when they scan my ticket the alarm goes off and they start getting on their radios.  I show them on my tablet that we have a place booked... they go back and fourth and finally they say it is okay and I make sure that when swifty comes through there will not be any problems.  The plane is completely boarded and I haven't seen Cory since we cleared security.  I scramble onto the plane and sit down... a few minutes later Cory comes strolling in with a hot cup of coffee.  I asked him if he had any problems and he said "no why".  haha beast. Now off to Qatar to check out a glimpse of the Middle East for a few hours.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: