Trip Start Unknown
43Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
After lunch at a the local diner, which was nothing to rave about, we headed to the pinnacle of the town's twilight extravaganza, the official twilight store known as Dazzled by twilight. For quite a small town, the store was packed, most likely with tourists and you could find anything twilight related, from the obvious books, t-shirts, as well as fangs for sale. A couple of us purchased these fangs and had hours of fun with them attempting to reenact scenes from the movie during our tour of the Olympic National Park
Following a visit to the twilight store, we took a short drive across town to where the Forks Chamber of Commerce was located. This venue was where a replica of Bella's striking red truck was displayed at the front entrance, much to the delight of the twilight tourist, although at the time we were there we had the truck all to ourselves.
After we had enough photos taken, we checked into our motel, the Forks Motel, set our baggage down and then continued on our tour of the Olympic National Park to the Hoh Rainforest, located to the south of Forks.
On return, we headed back to the entry point of Forks to take photos with the town's welcome sign, which was also featured in the movie. This was definitely twilight overload for me considering I hadn't even read any of the books.
1. If you are a major and obsessive twilight fan, make sure you make a pilgrimage to Forks, WA, where twilight tours are also available for your excitement.
2. Dazzled by twilight, the official twilight store is located at 11 North Forks Avenue, but you can access the store from Highway 101. There is also another store in Port Angeles, WA if this is easier to get to for you.
3. Forks is an extremely small town, but you will need a car to get around
1. Forks Motel - 6.5/10 - clean, spacious motel, pool available, value for money, quite close to stores/restaurants especially if you drive.
2. Food in Forks - we ate at 2 places in Forks and can't say anything good about the food in Forks. The diner was pretty ordinary, but the Chinese restaurant we went to was horrendous. Terrible service, terrible food. Unfortunately I can't remember the restaurant's name, to warn you away, but it's located on Highway 101.