Party Time

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Saturday, January 14, 2006

After the heavy night I managed to sleep in until midday before being rudely woken by a phone call from the girls telling me to get up and join them for breakfast. 3 cold showers later and I was still in no state to leave the room but the thought of breakfast was tempting. Met them in an Isreali place and had a good falafel in pitta bread and watermelon shake which made me feel far better.

Today was absolutely boiling! One of the hottest days I have experienced in Thailand so far so I decided to stay in the shade as much as possible to avoid severe burning. We headed for Leela beach as it seemed far nicer than Sunrise beach which would have been totally packed.

After a few hours of lazing around reading and listening to music I decided to head back for a rest. I was constantly being bitten by mosquitoes and the heat had made me sleepy. Back in the room there was a nice fat cockroach sitting in the middle of my pillow but it quickly scarpered when it saw me. Nothing I can do about the bugs in my little wooden shack, I just have to hope they aren't crawling all over me during the night.

After a good few hours kip I headed down to the bar area of Coral for dinner and a couple of beers to get the night started. A movie was on the TV and everyone seemed pretty glued to it but the guy behind the bar waltzed over and turned it off halfway through much to the confusion of everyone in the room to put on ESPN! Didn't even ask but I wanted to watch the footie anyway. After watching Man City thump Man Utd 3-1 I saw they weren't going to show the Spurs-Liverpool match so I power walked my way into town. Needn't have bothered as it was a disgrace and put me in a bad mood for the rest of the night.

Grabbed a bucket off the street, which had almost doubled in price, and headed to meet Kim and the girls in a bar close by. After a couple of drinks we all went to the Ibiza Lounge which was equally as good as last night and consumed another bucket before finally heading to the beach.

It was now 4am and we were just getting to the beach! I was in a right state and it was all too much for me. The beach was totally jam packed. I never expected anything like this and it was one of the busiest Full Moon parties in history, if not the biggest. The beach was dangerously over crowded and I had had enough after 10 minutes. I wasn't in the mood and just wanted to get the hell out of Thailand! Had 2 schnitzel baguettes on the way back to the shed but they didn't help relieve me of my drunken state in the slightest and I collapsed on my bed hoping for no hangover in the morning.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: