Waiting for the party to start

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Saturday, January 14, 2006

With very little planned for today I chose to sleep in as long as possible or at least until the heat in my shed became too unbearable. Down in the restaurant area it was packed! Yet by the time my food arrived everyone had left. There was a booze cruise around the island, run by the Coral and hosted by the dictator owner known as Ping Pong, that I had no plans to go on but it seemed I was the only one. I fully expected to be kicked out for this. If you can get kicked out for not eating the Christmas dinner then I imagine it'll be the same for the boat ride.

Chose to lounge around on a sun lounger to work on my tan for a while but I was soon in the sea trying to cool off, without the money belt on this time! Back at the sun lounger I had a call from Julia saying she would be arriving at the dock in 5 minutes, quickly followed by a call from Lucy, who would be arriving in 2 hours. Should be fun trying to find a room for 2 people the day before the full moon party!

Julia had snagged a lift in a speed boat for free with a load of American Navy guys on shore leave from their base in Japan with their Thai "friends"! It was a nightmare trying to find rooms anywhere, and we weren't even going to try Sunrise beach! Tried a place on Leela beach which had a nice beach and reasonable bungalows (with mozzie nets) but it seemed a long dangerous walk back along wooden bridges and cliffs which in the dark and drunken state tomorrow wouldn't be much fun!

Carried on trying for an hour or so longer and Julia was just about ready to go back to Samui and leave Thailand a few days earlier than planned when she got a call from Lucy saying she had arrived. Just when they were contemplating heading to a nicer beach away from Had Rin we managed to find a place, right next to the pier where I'm sure we had already asked. 800 baht/night for a room much akin to that of Dave's hospital room in Sihanoukville, he's fine by the way and back on the road again in Dubai, but a room nonetheless and it'll do just fine for a couple of nights.

That sorted I went back to the Coral for a rest before meeting them for dinner. On the way I saw Chris and Lee, the Aussie couple from Vang Vieng, again and arranged to meet up with them later on. I had fully intended to have an early night tonight as it was bound to be a very late one tomorrow but after dinner we went straight out drinking. Met up with Chris and Lee again in a bar and headed to the beach via the Ibiza Lounge.

The Ibiza Lounge was great! They had a live band on with the most incredible human beat boxing I have ever seen. Everyone was transfixed and the hours flew by, as did the buckets! When the act was over we finally went to the beach where I ended up staying for about another hour before finally going back to the shed. If the amount of people on the beach tonight was any indication, then it was going to be a big one tomorrow!
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: