At a diving resort, and no intention of diving!

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Thailand  ,
Monday, January 9, 2006

Awoke at 8:30 after a fantastic nights sleep just as the boat was pulling into Koh Tao. Looks like the pills did their job! I woke a couple of times during the night and it seemed pretty rough but it didn't seem to bother me and I managed to be back asleep each time within 20 seconds. Looks like it had been rough as a number of people looked pretty ropey and one was being sick as I staggered my way to the toilet.

Got on dry land and went about looking for accommodation. The LP states it is hard to find accommodation if you aren't enrolled on a dive course. Bollocks! I had no trouble finding places to stay, it's just more expensive if you aren't on the course. Being a tight bastard I kept shopping around and eventually found somewhere for 300 baht.

Grabbed some breakfast at the restaurant before going straight in the sea. The sea was gorgeous! Incredibly clear and a nice long stretch to swim along. I spent 45 minutes slowly making my way from one end of the beach to the other before setting foot on the beach and feeling something odd.

It had so nearly happened in Sihanoukville but I hadn't been so lucky this time. I could feel a belt around my waist and knew instantly that I had been swimming with my money belt on! Oops! So I walked briskly back to my shed and proceeded to survey the damage. Luckily it wasn't too bad. My passport stamps were a bit smudged but still legible and my flight tickets were still in one piece, although a few pages did fall out when I was drying them. Spent the next hour carefully drying each page until I was satisfied. Disaster avoided

As I was drying the documents I saw Lucy walk past so we went for breakfast and a coffee. Good old chin wag before getting a text from Julia and we both wandered down to the beach to say hello.

Rest of the afternoon was spent resting on the beach with Lucy badgering me to go snorkeling again tomorrow. After the incident in Phi Phi I was reluctant but eventually gave in and we booked tickets, which had increased in price during the day!

Had a quick rest in my shack to catch up with my diary (which was up-to-date at the time, now 1 month behind!) before meeting up with them again for dinner. There was some party down on the beach that sounded like fun so we headed there. The service was terrible and the drink I ordered never turned up so I walked back up the road to the 7 Eleven (gotta love em!) to get a couple of dirty Changs and some pancakes from the vendor in the street. Spent a while chatting with another large group of Swedish people before toddling off to bed in search of another good nights kip.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: