NYE Party

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Black and White Bungalows

Flag of Thailand  ,
Sunday, January 1, 2006

Having had a relatively early night I woke up early at 10am. Paid for my shack for the last time and went in search of breakfast. The restaurant was showing King Kong again but I still decided to eat there as their chicken sandwiches are good.

Spotted Kim, Karl and Sharon who were off in search of motorbikes to ride round the island all day. I couldn't be assed with that and headed to the beach to meet Lars and Sandra. Spent about an hour lying in the sun before Lucy turned up. Her parents were flying home today and she managed to bag a seat on the 6am flight from Bangkok to Samui! She was in Pha Ngan by 8:30 this morning and it took her 2 hours to find a place to stay. Not surprised really as the island was packed! She eventually found a place on Sunrise beach, where the party would be, so she obviously didn't plan to sleep tonight as it was going to be loud!

Sat around on the beach for a couple more hours and had a couple of midday beers before it started to rain. Ran to the shelter of Sharon and Mia's porch nearby before going back to the shack for a couple of hours kip.

At 7 I packed up all my things and went to the Outback Bar to meet Kim and watch the Villa-Arsenal match. Arsenal really suck this year! Ha Ha! When I returned from ordering my steak and Guiness pie and beer I spotted a couple of people I hadn't seen in a while, Chris and Leone, the Aussie couple from Laos. Well last time I had seen them was in Hoi An but it was still good to see the again.

Spent an hour chatting before the game finished and we moved on. Spurs won by the way which put me in an even better mood. Grabbed a bucket and made my way to sunrise bar on the beach to meet the others. No one there to start with but there was soon an army of Swedish! Thankfully Lucy turned up so I could at least understand someone!

Whilst I was sitting chatting, Sharon was trying to teach me Swedish, I spotted a couple more people I recognised. It was Andrew and Rebecca from the trek in Chiang Mai. They had soon joined our group and were happily sipping on a bucket.

At midnight we all wished each other a happy new year before making our way to cactus. Spent a couple of hours between cactus and the drop in club before deciding I was drunk enough and went back to the shack. Then proceeded to waste the 300 credit I had just purchased by phoning everyone in my phone book back home before setting my alarm ready for another early start tomorrow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: