Still in bloody Koh Phangan!

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Black and White Bungalows

Flag of Thailand  ,
Thursday, December 29, 2005

Woke up around midday and headed straight to an Internet cafe. Thought I'd check my emails and write a bit of my diary. I was about to leave when I said to myself, "enough is enough" and promptly sat myself down and booked my ticket off the hell off the island! I would now be leaving Koh Pha Ngan at 11am on New Years Day! By Boat! I believe I am clinically insane but that is the earliest I can possibly leave, can't miss the NYE party after all !

The island has now really started to get busy, with people constantly arriving on every boat in search of accommodation. Good luck! I spent the rest of the day basically lounging around doing nothing. Looks like I'm finally getting used to island time which is dangerous as I don't want to start getting lazy.

At 7pm I set off to meet the guys at Hiatus again for dinner. Didn't really feel like drinking much so only had 1 beer. Next thing I knew I was wandering towards the beach with Karl, Kevin and the Canadian guys with a bucket of Sangsom in hand again! So much for not drinking!

The night was crazy! We were on the beach with a group of girls in a dance/singing group or something, who said they were from Uzbekistan, playing drinking games. Now there is no way in hell these girls were from Uzbekistan as they had the most impeccable English accents. I don't care if they said their teacher was from England, there is no way their accent would be that good.

Either way it was fun but after we left them we headed to the Cactus club next door instead. More dancing, and more Sangsom, before we started walking back. Instead of going home we ended up on the Canadian guys balcony having a big jam session on their guitars. Well they only seemed to know 1 song, Heart of Gold, and seemed to play it on an endless loop but it sounded pretty good with 2 guitars and Karl on the harmonica.

Kim then pulled out his MP3 player and speakers and I was totally lost. Seems that everyone else there were complete hip-hop junkies and I didn't understand a word they were talking about so I just sat back and listened as they played "guess the riff".

Next thing I knew it was day light! It was 7am and I was walking back to my shack. Stopped and chatted to a couple on the beach for about 10 minutes before finally getting home and crashing out hopefully for a long time.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: