Arrival of reinforcements

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Sakal Bungalows

Flag of Cambodia  ,
Saturday, December 10, 2005

Considering how late I was up last night I was up by around 7:30, after only 2 hours sleep, without the slightest hint of a hangover! Received a text for Dave's dad saying he was in Phnom Penh and getting a taxi to Sihanoukville which meant he would be there around 4 hours later.

So I got showered and packed all Dave's belongings, as I assumed he would be needing them later. Had the veggie breakfast as I assumed it would be healthier, it was still a grease fest, before getting on a bike for the hospital.

He still didn't seems much better but I stayed with him until his dad arrived at 2pm and took control. He had somehow swung the trip to Sihanoukville for free with some guys from the Cambodian Government! Straight away asked to see the doctor before getting on the phone to Phnom Penh.

I said my goodbyes and went back to the hotel. Decided to use the net for an hour to phone home before getting another text saying bring Dave's bags, he's off to Phnom Penh! So back on the bike across town again, dropped the bags and said see you in Bangkok!

Once back at the hotel I decided to settle the tab. We hadn't paid a penny so far at our hotel so assumed it was going to be $100+ but was pleasantly surprised to see it was only $77. They did try to charge me $47 for 2 boat rides to Koh Kong and food I never ate, so I soon got that sorted!

Seeing as Dave was off to Bangkok, I would be flying solo for the first time, for at least 4 days. Not particularly nervous as I'm sure I'll meet up with people again on the way. So I booked a ticket for as early as possible to Phnom Penh. I'd spent far too much time here as it was and at this rate I'd see nothing of Thailand but the beaches!

Grabbed some dinner before watching the footie at the bar. Kim had been back to the Japanese place and they had a special sashimi rice bowl today so I quickly went there at half time. Best meal since Nazim's in Luang Prabang! It was delicious and Lars missed out as they ran out of fish! Hahaha! Had one or two beers whilst playing some pool before heading to bed to pack ready for another early start tomorrow.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: