One Crazy Night

Trip Start Sep 05, 2005
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Japan  ,
Friday, September 16, 2005

Slept in late with thoughts of doing relatively nothing during the day and basically gearing up for an all-out late night of drinking before leaving Japan. Checked out our email and saw the hostel we wanted to stay at in Hong Kong was fully booked, bummer! It was too late to book another place now so we'll just have to wing it when we get there and probably stay at one of the notorious Chungking Mansion hell holes.

Went for a walk around Roppongi Hills but it was nothing more than a big expensive housing estate really. Had picked up a flyer about Odaiba so decided to go there.

Took the monorail to Odaiba, which was pretty expensive at almost double the price of regular subway tickets, but a good laugh with joke about loop-the-loops. Saw that there was a huge ferris wheel so thought it'd be cool to go on that but with serious money saving going on for tonight it was far too expensive.

To get to the ferris wheel you had to go through a Toyota garage which weirdly had a test track inside the centre. Pretty cool and Dave booked a slot to test drive some car later. Went for a little walk outside and took some photos of the futuristic looking Fuji-TV building before heading for some lunch at a place we had seen earlier. On the way we saw a shop which looked like you could rent a dog for the day! Weird.

Went back to the Toyota centre to test drive the car. Didn't work out because Dave didn't have an international driving licence. Dave was livid ! Lets hope it isn't a problem in Aussie where we plan to drive around the country.

Back at the hostel it was pretty busy with loads of other people who couldn't be assed to do anything either. Spent a good few hours chatting to them before going off to have a shower. On entering our dorm room I was met by a girl trying to sleep in the middle of the floor and running to the bathroom every few minutes to be sick!

Went to the AM/PM and grabbed a small pack of sushi and a few beers and headed back to the common room. It soon filled up and about 10 of us headed out on the town at about 10:30, including a kiwi who had been in the country less than 2 hours after a flight from Rome!

We all met up in Gas Panic and started to make the most of their all night happy hour. 400 yen for any drink so we got the one with the most alcohol. After a fair few most of us headed off to a nearby club, 911, whilst Dave and the Kiwi stayed behind to chat up a couple of Japanese girls.

One of the girls in our group was Japanese and had had a few problems at this club a few nights before. The vast majority of the girls in the club were prostitutes and they had gone mad thinking she was trying to get on their turf. The club owners must like them being there as they all got free champagne all night.

Our group gradually faded and went home and I did the same at 4am. Got lost on the way back to the hostel and was in bed, very inebriated, at 5am ready for a 6:45am alarm tomorrow for our flight.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: