Arriving home to our parents

Trip Start Jul 30, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Pennsylvania
Wednesday, April 4, 2007

We realized we were running out of time, Bart was searching for this great restaurant that he used to get lunch at on 23rd street by his old job.  But it's been years and we couldn't find it.  We were starving and needed to get back to Port Authority.  We arrived at our gate at 4:20, Bart asked if he had a few minutes to run for food.  Our bus was leaving at 4:30, I was nervous he won't be back in time.  Even though it wasn't a problem, we would just get on the 5 o'clock bus.  But I guess since we were home, I just wanted to get home.   He made it back with good sandwiches (sausage and ham).  

When we bought our tickets this morning, we called home to tell our parents we have landed and we will be arriving home at 7:40PM.  After a 3 and a 1/2 hour bus ride, we arrived in Wilkes-Barre.  I got our camera ready, we wanted a picture of whoever was waiting for us.  As I was about to take a picture, my mom was standing there with her camera taking a picture of us getting off the bus.  We thought it was pretty funny, maybe you had to be there.  

It was nice to see them, my parents, Bart's mom and my cousin Seth.  Seth told me I was grounded because we were supposed to be home on March 23.  Oh well, we were having a great time traveling.  I guess he really missed us.

After all of the hellos, hugs and kisses, we hopped in separate cars.  For the first time in 7 months we were apart.  My family filled me in on everything that has happened.  Good and bad news, a few funny stories, family stuff.  Bart drove our car to my parents house with his mom, happy to see that it is still running.  Thanks to all who helped keep it running while we were gone.

At home we were greeted by my Aunt Tessie with pizza from their restaurant Nicky's Pizza, my favorite chicken wing pizza.  And about 6 other types along with a Stromboli.  Soon my brother and his girlfriend Stephanie arrived.

We talked about our trip, showed some of our post cards.  It was getting late, Tessie, Seth and Ann decided to go home.  And it was just us.  I asked alot of questions, mostly about my Aunt Dawn who passed away while we were traveling.  Not a day went by that I didn't think about her.  My mom thought that since I was able to talk about her that I would be about to handle opening my Christmas gift from her.  I was reminded that she purchased it before she passed, which makes it means so much more.  She started to purchase Willow Tree sculptures for our family, angels of hope for one of the sister I was told, who was also sick while we were away, which we didn't find out until we arrived home.  As I opened my gift all sorts of emotions were going through me.  I was handling it pretty well.  I opened it with out noticing the name of it, I took out a bride and groom, called Promise.  I started to cry, knowing my godmother wouldn't be around when we get married, was difficult and sad.  But it was wonderful to get this last gift from her, which I will cherish forever. 

Well after a long day and being up for nearly 42 hours, it's time for bed.     
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: