Dinner out with the Bartorillo's

Trip Start Jul 30, 2006
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  ,
Saturday, February 3, 2007

Our normal routine in the morning would be getting up around 4:30 AM to the chirping of the birds and then falling back to sleep until 7:45AM.  One of us would make tea or coffee and some toast.  Then we normally check our e-mail and update the blog.  Lately Nadia has been busy with her University work, so we try to get up in the morning do our things and get off the computer as she walks in the door.  We try our best to not change their life to much since we have been around.

Decided since we would be leaving Australia soon we should get our act together.  We must say we have gotten quite comfortable here.  Robert updated a few blogs that were not complete, and I started to pack up all of our stuff to mail home.  So moms please watch for packages coming home soon. Oh, and this time there is "NOTHING" that could break in them.  Our bags have been getting very heavy, due to all of the things we have purchased along the way.  You could only imagine how much we have accumulated after hitting Egypt and Asia.  Even things hat people have given us along the way like a floatie/raft from Helen and Diane (the girls from Ireland) and snorkel gear from Joe and Tiffany (couple from Canada), all of whom we meet in Thailand.  Difficult deciding what we should take home, what new clothes to take with us or mail home.  You need to think about every little thing.  Well after that project I was tired.  So I decided to take a nap, which Robert was still working on the computer.

After a few hours, I woke up, made some whole grain rice, and added my secret ingredients.  Never realize how long it would actually take to cook.  I was the first time I purchase anything other than Minut Rice, and it took 1 and 1/2 hours and it still wasn't done!  We decide to just eat it because we were very hungry, Nadia was waiting to do my hair and makeup, and we were leaving to 2 hours to go out to Joyce's Birthday dnner.

The dinner was nice, we went to Ciao Baby.  Most of her children were there, her brother and his family, a friend she met when she was a child, a hand full of grandchildren and us.  Everyone was all dressed, we had great food (Robert had Rabbit and I had Snapper over linguine) and conversation.  We had found a DVD of 20 different Musicals that we gave to Joyce, when everyone else was giving her gifts.  She said she loved it and didn't seen all of the movies.  Soon the light went dim, and everyone started to sing happy birthday.  The cake was beautiful and delicious.  Maria gave a little speech about her mom and Norm (Joyce's brother) gave an emotional speech as well, then it was time for strewberry cake!  It was so good, that when they asked if anyone would like another piece Joyce's said "Lyn would".  Only because she knows I love cake.   

As everyone was starting leave Robert was still chatting, so he decide to see if Lennie and Scott would give us a ride back to Nadia and Luke's instead of leaving with them.  It gave us some more time to talk to Tina and John, Ray, and Jacob and Jacinta.  Of course the entire ride back to Nadia's, Robert played with the kids and they picked on him, but it was all in good fun and we didn't know when we would see all of them again since we would be leaving in about a week.

When we got back we decided we would update the blog some more, but after about 1/2  hour, I was dead tired.  So I went to bed, Robert was up until 3:30AM working on the blog. 
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: