We leave at 3:30 AM tomorrow!
Trip Start Jun 16, 2010
18Trip End Aug 11, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
This idea first came about after our wedding in December. Usually people believe that you are married after the wedding, but we are still working on proving that to the US government. Christian is Guatemalan, and although we are legally married, we are still going through the process of Christian's marriage visa. His permission to be in the United States under his current tourist visa runs out this month (June), so we have expected for a while that he would be leaving about this time. We made the decision that I would join in the trip when we heard from the National Visa Center that Christian's interview would be on July 22. With this concrete time frame to deal with, we started playing around with the possibility of making an ADVENTURE out of this, and now the time has come - our adventure starts tomorrow at 3:30 in the morning!!
We have several goals during this trip, and would really appreciate support in prayers for these specific things.
1. Get Christian's marriage visa (medical exams, interview at the American Embassy)
2. Spend good quality time with Christian's family
3. Grow closer to one another
4. Explore as much as we can of Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, and Guatemala
5. (Erica) Prepare exciting Spanish lessons and a study abroad trip for the next school year
6. (Christian) Study the materials that he will be bringing along (spiritual and educational)
So tomorrow morning, we will set the crazy pace of our trip with a flight itinerary taking us through Washington D.C., El Salvador, and Honduras before finally arriving at the Aurora Airport in Guatemala City! Woohoo!!