Super Sprint Car Races at USA Raceway

Trip Start Jan 01, 2007
Trip End Dec 31, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Arizona
Sunday, April 8, 2007

We left Verde Valley this morning and drove a couple of hours to Tucson, which from the road, appears to be a bigger city than I thought. Guess I'd seen too many old western movies, and expected it to look more like that! We had called ahead and were told we could park the motorhome overnight in the track's lot, so that's what we're doing. There was a bit of an "old west" experience when we pulled into the lot, though. I was driving the car, while Greg was driving the motorhome (another story - Satellite Sally took us to the address on NORTH Whatever, while the race track was on SOUTH Whatever...unfortunately, NORTH Whatever Road was a dead end gravel road, which we couldn't back up on with the car attached, so we unloaded it, and I drove it from there.) Anyhow, as we pulled into the track's parking lot, there was a sign that said "Open Range" - this didn't phase us a lot, as we've crossed a number of cattle guards these last few weeks, and have not seen any cattle yet. Wouldn't you know, this time was different, and as I'm merrily following the motorhome around the landscaping and curbing of the parking lot, I looked over and saw a HUGE black bull which had evidently decided that the landscaped trees were more succulent than his open range, so he was in the parking lot having a snack. He didn't pay a whole lot of attention, but it did cross my mind a few times that I was in a moving RED vehicle!!
The USA CRA Sprint Cars were running at United Sports Arizona (USA) Raceway Park, which is why we moved down here. These are the guys we saw running at the Dirt Track in Vegas last month, and the ones we loved to watch when we lived in California.
The races were great, and our buddy Tony Jones, who is now leading in the points (and who won the first night's race at Vegas last month) came in 5th, so not too bad! We went into the pits afterwards and I gave Tony some printed copies of the pictures I had taken of him and his little racer kid in his helmet last month.
Moving to Casa Grande in the morning - about an hour away from here.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: