Kruger - Tsendze to Punda-Maria
Trip Start Jan 17, 2011
16Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
Tsendze Rustic Campsite
Punda Maria Rest Camp
* Tropic of Capricorn Loop ending with the Tropic of Capricorn again.
* Herd of 150 maybe 200 buffalo the bulk crossing in front of me but more spread over 3 waterholes quite near ot one another. Babies with mums (one with a buck tooth); a mum about to pop with grass stuck over her eyes; another trying to stand off against me (head up right in front of my staring)
* Tsessebe at waterhole on Tropic of Capricorn
* Snake crossed the road (very silver and shimmery in colour but super fast so couldn't properly see it.
* another saddle billed stork
* 2x chameleon on the road
* Kruger flu - getting worse, nose running, cough and sneezes, losing voice, getting tired because of it more than the driving
* Heading north - some hippos and elephants, buffalo and the odd general game but not as much as in the south
* Hotter but supposed to rain
* Car needs a massive wash, and the rattle is getting worse but on the good side the driving is getting much better
* Punda-Maria set nicely but everything is old, if they do it up it'll be fabulous but Mopani so far is the stand out of the rest camps i've visited - there's even a walkway overooking the river!
* Pool is almost empty with the campsite about the same so I headed over to put my feet in. Very nice setting with fake waterfall but they could clean it and remove the mosquito larvae swimming in the water...