Kruger - Skukusa to Berg-en-dal
Trip Start Jan 17, 2011
16Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
* Squiggle around the south: Skukusa - Lower Sabie - Crocodile Bridge (lunch) - almost Berg-en-dal - Pretoriskop - Berg-en-dal
* Nice buffalo herd sighting - about 40-50 crossing the road including a baby baby that was still wobbly so maybe only 1-2 days old. Very cute
* Ellies, first rhino sighting
* Start gravel roads - more comfortable driving them! (except when a huge game viewer from Pretoriskop comes barrelling around a corner on Viertrekkers Road doing much more than the speed limit says! They actually pushed me off the road!)
* Timing meant I missed the Jock Monument but at the start of Voertrekkers Road there was a small one so I was very happy to see that.
* Loads of impala - impala day
* Stay at Berg-en-dal
* Tent PROPERLY broken! store not any suggestions or any equipment so I "made a plan" and saw medical tape in the store and used my wooden skewers to mend it until I dropped into Skukusa the next day
* People next to me must've felt sorry, they brough over a bench for me to use. Very kind.
My Reviews Of The Places I Stayed