Grants - a RV park somewhere after Childress
Trip Start Dec 01, 2010
20Trip End Feb 02, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Time to get cracking!. We're off on the road early today (That's a change!) and are heading to stop somewhere in Texas tonight. Boy is it cold here…
A few points on Dad.
- He's much happier this morning….(That's a change!)
- He forgot he was driving in America and started off driving Australian this morning (not good)
- Dad's lovin' the scenery
- He want's photos of every mesa and mountain there is (his memory is not that good)
- Dad said his feeling 100 % (that's also a change) (must be we got a early start - AND the scenery)
- Dad's sandwich (well, Dad's idea of a sandwich) he call's it "the laminated sandwich" It consists of a thick piece of yellow cheese laminated with a thick layer of philadelphia cream cheese with pepper and dried herbs on top, he says it's easy to make (gets us to make it for him though) while we're on the road
- Dad's camera idea, since he wants to take so many photos (and thought we weren't taking them fast enough!) he wanted to buy a camera and strap it to his head and control it by a remote-control,while he was driving. (weird….nutz!!!)
What is it with my Dad?! :) :) :) :)
Driving through New Mexico. Beautiful place. It had quite a few mountains (mostly dry ones) and dry shrubs. Instead of soil, they had small rocks. Their buildings and bridges were colours of the landscape…..quite pretty, a nice change from black & grey. We also saw (on the highway) a group of people (about 10) picking up rubbish, with a truck slowly following behind, as we got closer, the truck said,…"State Prisoners at Work"….
Then as we made our way into Texas (I was resting as we crossed the border) the scenery changed totally, it was dead flat
No food in the cupboard…….means a fast food crawl, our excuse is, "we are doing a survey on American Fast food and have to visit lots of places so we can rate them!" so we stopped at Sonic Burger, when we got inside we got a surprise, instead of going to the counter to order ha you want, your table has a phone, so you ring and they bring your meal to you…….different. We were all laughing our heads off when we saw the phones and no counter…….people must have been staring at us…… :) following that we got a ice-cream…..people must have been google-eyed that we were eating ice-cream at 3 degrees celsius :) As we walked out with our ice-creams we were opening the door and a cowboy (well he looked like one) rushed to open the door for us saying, "Let me open that door for you girls"
(he said it in that American cowboy way)……..very friendly people here in Texas……That's why they call Texas, "The Friendly State". :)