The Mall of America...Shopping Day
Trip Start Jun 04, 2010
100Trip End Sep 08, 2010
Ladies, The first thing I learned is that there is NO TAX on clothing or shoes!!! Yeah!!!
The Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota boasts over 520 stores and 50 restaurants, including four major department stores; Bloomingdale's, Macy's, Nordstrom and Sears. We visited many attractions inside the largest shopping and entertainment complex in the United States. Nickelodeon Universe® theme park brings Nickelodeon characters to life with 24 rides geared for the young and young at heart. Additional attractions include:
- Underwater Adventures® Aquarium which was awesome. You go down an elevator to the basement and greeted by a hostess that directed us to the front desk to purchase our entry ticket. We walked by some open ponds with starfish and sea cucumbers. Then we found ourselves walking through glass tubes inside of a very large aquarium. It was very fascinating to find ourselves moving along with all the fish, sharks, stingrays, etc. At the end of the tunnels there was a jellyfish exhibit. With 7 different types of jellyfish. We learned that Jellyfish are taking over many of our ocean waters.
Did you know that there are Approximately 200 different kinds of jellyfish and they are 90% water, do not have hearts, blood, or brains. Jellyfish tentacles can sting you alive or dead and they love to eat crustaceans, zooplankton and other tiny fish. The adult jellyfish are called Medusa and live in groups called smacks. And last but not the least Jellyfish are not even fish, they belong to an animal group called invertebrates, because they do not have backbones.
Other of the attractions include:
- Moose Mountain Adventure Miniture Golf
· A.C.E.S. Flight Simulation
· American Girl store
· The new Magiquest - You can embark on an adventure unlike you have never taken before. It begins by selecting your own magic wand, and acquiring the Ancient Book of Wisdom. The book will guide you through your quest as you conjure ways to earn powers, complete quests, and solve the challenges. Succeed, and you will conquer a world of magical adventure. Every time you take the adventure there is always something new.
· Theatres at Mall of America(tm) with VIP seating (treats and snacks are brought to you) This is where we saw the 'Expendables" last night.
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT THE MALL:
It is the largest, fully enclosed retail and family entertainment complex in the U.S.
Seven Yankee Stadiums would fit inside Mall of America.
Mall of America's 13,300 short tons of steel is nearly twice the amount in the Eiffel Tower.
Walking distance around one level of Mall of America is .57 of a mile.
Spending 10 minutes in every store would take a shopper more than 86 hours to complete their visit to Mall of America.
More than 5,000 couples have been married at Mall of America since opening in August of 1992.
The Mall of America is located on the former Metropolitan Sports Stadium which was home to the Minnesota Vikings and Twins. Home plate can be found in Nickelodeon Universe.
There are 30,000 live plants and 400 live trees planted in Nickelodeon Universe.
We started our adventure in the mall from Nordstrom and found one of the main stores I wanted to shop at, Crabtree and Evelyn just as we walked into the mall. We got a couple of items we wanted then wandered over to Williams Sonoma, the rest of day was just wandering all of the 5 floors of stores and entertainment. We finished the day at Johnny Rockets before heading back to the hotel around 5pm. Yes we spent 7 hours wandering and shopping, window shopping, and talking to other folks. Dave was greeted by a brother-in-arms, another inactive Marine, we must have sat and talked to Roy and his wife for at least ˝ an hour or so. Gave us a chance to sit a while and rest.
Dave made some purchases and actually enjoyed the day of shopping. He said it was 'A great day shopping at the Mall of America', and this my friends was a direct quote from him.
For the rest of the evening we are going to just kick back and relax for the evening.
God bless all the wonderful folks we encountered at the mall today and all the Sales Associates who graciously helped us. And God share these blessings on all my friends and readers. So if you are a friend reading this, you get a double blessing.