The saga continues.....

Trip Start Jun 04, 2010
Trip End Sep 08, 2010

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
House guest of Diane and Kenny

Flag of United States  , Illinois
Sunday, August 22, 2010

The continuing saga of the car keys…

Dee wanted to treat us to dinner tonight since it was suppose to be our last night together, so we were going back to her place to pick her up later this afternoon.

We all just laid around this morning after getting in late last night and a long nights sleep. Relaxing in the living room and laughing about last night's events. Diane had to go to a funeral wake, the mother of one of her co-workers passed away earlier in the week, which is why she had to put in so many extra hours at work this past week.  When she returned home we attempted to go back over to Dee's house.  Kenny went out to Dee’s car a Focus to start it and . . . .  nothing.  The door locks wouldn’t work, nor would the car engine turn over…hmmm. 

Kenny has been driving cars where the headlights on the vehicles always automatically turn off.  Well the Focus does not have this feature.  Make a long story short the battery was dead as a door nail.

Oh boy, so he got out the battery charger and Kenny and Dave got the car set up.  We took Diane’s car over to Dee’s house, where we again, looked for the keys to Kenny’s car in the daylight.  He worried all night that someone may find the key which had a yellow tag on it describing his blue Buick, and take off with the car.  Unfortunately no key was found.  But Ken did bring an extra key for the car.  Then Dee asked Diane and I why we came over to the house in Diane’s car and not her own.  Diane told her it was a long story and then Dee looked at me and I told her I would let Ken tell her.  Diane and I simultaneously comforted her with "But the car is OK, don’t worry" 

We all piled into Ken’s Buick and took off for dinner to a place called  Hanger 41.  Unfortunately it recently changed management and was now called Club 41. Dee was a bit disappointed because the atmosphere changed a bit.  Dee and Dave had the salmon dinner and Diane, Ken and I had the Prime sirloin dinner.  The food was great.  The waitress told us that since we had dinner here we could go over to the bar and not have to pay the cover charge.  We all gave it a try, however there was no place to sit and enjoy a drink or two and dance.  Dee and I did manage to slip on to the dance floor and get 2 or 3 dances in before we all left.

We stopped at Dee’s house so Diane could get her car.  Dee came back with her to Ken and Diane’s house to pick up her car.  We sat around for a bit and said our goodbyes and Dee left for home.  I asked Diane to be sure we were awake before she and Ken leave in the morning.  We wanted to be sure to say good-bye and needed to get our stuff packed.  Both of them asked us if we couldn’t stay a little longer, almost pleading, so I left it up to Dave to make the final decision (he knew how I felt).  Read tomorrow’s blog to see how it went…..

Good night and God bless one and all.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: