Back on Dry Land

Trip Start Jan 19, 2013
Trip End Apr 12, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Everyone was up early again this morning, some of us feeling a little worse for wear than others. I think Dave felt the effects of last night the most. Despite his assurances last night that he would still be up and making our breakfast for us, it was in fact Johnny who took on those duties. Dave didn't appear until about an hour later. The first thing he did was jump straight into the ocean. One way to cure a hangover, I guess?

Today was rather chilled out compared to yesterday. Once everyone had finished breakfast, we headed to our final location where those who wanted to swim could. Only two people took this opportunity, I think the ret of us were happy to stay dry for as long as possible. After about 30 minutes here, we started to make our way back to Airlie Beach. The sea was really choppy again and the boat was bouncing around all over the place. Rikki went and sat on the front of the boat with his legs hanging over the edge so that when the boat lifted up with the wave and then crashed down into the water, he got soaked. He said it was fun but I decided to stay warm at the back of the boat. When the win picked up, Johnny decided to put one of the sails up to help us along a bit. While he and Dave did that he asked me to steer the boat! Dream come true - vital training for the days when I have my own sailing boat. I was surprised to learn its actually a lot harder than it looks. Johnny had shown me a point on the horizon to head towards but it was difficult keeping the boat in a straight line. The waves kept moving it off into a different direction and then it took forever to turn back the other way. Still, I managed to keep us on track before Johnny came back to relieve me of the stress of it all.

It took us ages to get back to Airlie Beach and we actually got in later than we were meant to. We said goodbye to everyone and thanked Dave and Johnny for a great trip then headed back to nomads to check back in. After collectin our bags from Peter Pans we set about doing some much needed laundry. On our way to the washing machines we heard tapping on a window, inside of which were Hannah, Nicole and Courtney from our Fraser Island group. We went inside and had a nice catch up with them before washing our clothes.

Later in the evening, we headed to a bar downtown for the Tongarra "After Party". We got there at about 7pm and found a few others already there. The bar did a deal where if you bought a drink for $5 you could get a free half pizza which everyone did. How can you turn down free pizza? Slowly a few more people arrived but there was no sign of Dave or Johnny who said they'd be coming. Our pizzas arrive at about 8pm and we all tucked in but ten most people started to leave. By about 8.40 it was just Rikki and me and two others. Bit of a poor show, but we felt bad leaving before Dave and Johnny arrived. We didn't want them to think no one had turned up. We gave it til 9.30 and after there was still no sign of them we called it a night. We were both really tired so headed back to nomads. I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: