Arriving in Rainbow Beach

Trip Start Jan 19, 2013
Trip End Apr 12, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Sunday, February 24, 2013

Moving on again today up to Rainbow Beach to start our tour of Fraser Island tomorrow. We checked out of our hostel at about 9 and took the shuttle back up to the coach station. By 9.30
We were on the road again.

The coach journey was uneventful, we had one quick stop for food before arriving in Rainbow Beach at about midday. From what we could tell, Rainbow beach is a tiny little town, with one main road that is scattered with a couple of small local shops. No big named chains down in this next of the woods.

Luckily for us, our hostel Dingo's is quite literally across the other side of the road to the coach stop so it wasn't long til we were checked in and settled in our new dorm. It was about this time that it started to rain quite heavily. Seeing as we'd had little food, we braved the wet conditions and walked to a collection of shops just up the road. We found a bakery and had some more pies! Rikki was particularly excited as they served chicken and sweet corn pies, just like the ones he used to have as a child before Sainsbury's discontinued the line. We then wandered up the road a little further to the local supermarket and had a nose around before heading back to the hostel.

We spent the rest of the afternoon/evening in the communal bar area playing cards and chatting to the other guests. We started playing some card games with a German guy called Thomas who was also going on the same tour of Fraser Island tomorrow so we were sat talking to him for most of the evening. He was really friendly to talk to and somehow we ended up discussing the differences in education between England and Germany.

The rest of the evening was spent trying to organise our clothes and everything that we were taking on the island as we were only allowed to take one small bag. It was difficult to know what to take especially as the weather has been so unpredictable. But somehow we managed it. We didn't stay up too late as we had to be up early the next day in order to attend the safety briefing at 6.30am before heading over to the island.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: