Sunny Noosa

Trip Start Jan 19, 2013
Trip End Apr 12, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

, Noosa Heads,
Friday, February 22, 2013

This morning we had to wake early-ish to check out of our Brisbane hostel and get the Greyhound coach to Noosa. We gave ourselves plenty of time to get through the hike with all our luggage back to the transit centre. We arrived with about half an hour to spare and the walk to me at least didn't feel nearly as had as when we arrived. Neither of us had had much breakfast so I got in the queue at a little coffee stand to get a hot chocolate. They were quite slow though and had lots of customers so it took ages for it to be made. I finally got it after our coach had been called but had enough time to drink it reasonably comfortably before we hopped onto the coach.

We mostly read for the journey which was just under two hours I think. We got into Noosa half an hour early and the coach driver pointed out the hostels' pick up buses that were waiting for us. We were a little worried though because we couldn't see the one for Halse Lodge, where we were staying. A man from one of the other hostels though assured us that Halse did pick up and were probably on their way. We were early after all. Only a few other people joined us on the bus once it had arrived. The drive to the hostel was pretty short but we went up and over quite a steep hill which wouldn't have been fun to walk up with our luggage.

The hostel was exactly like a lodge and Jennie says it reminded her of Dirty Dancing if anyone has seen that. It is quite cute and also quite big. Our room was upstairs and in the centre, right next to the bathrooms which is handy. After having a little rest, we went out to find somewhere for lunch. We walked for about 5 minutes until we found a Creperie which suited both of us. I had a Roast Beef Slouvaki (Garlic Sauce) and Jennie had a Mango Vanilla Ice cream one. I was still feeling hungry after mine and wanted something sweet and so went for a Cookies and Cream crepe with maple syrup.

After eating, we headed to the beach as the weather was pretty good. We had sun, some cloud and some blue sky! Better than rain for sure. The beach was quite nice and cute. The water was a lot calmer than most of the other beaches we have been to so far so I went for a bit of a dip/swim and it was lovely. The water was a bit murky though so I didn't go under as I didn't want to swallow any of it. Jennie had a little paddle too and after an hour or so we decided to head off. As we were leaving the beach Jennie spotted a wedding taking place just off it in a slightly secluded spot. It was so cute and romantic although at that moment we felt faint raindrops on us so hurried for shelter. It didn't last long though so I'm sure the wedding continue without a hitch.

We were now going in search of the Laguna Lookout point which was apparently worth seeing. Using a free map, we slowly guided ourselves to a set of steps which were pretty tiring the climb in the heat. That wasn't the half of the ascent though as then we found a massive hill which curved around and was so ridiculously steep. We got SO worn out from that climb and it really drained us of energy. I think you'd have to be pretty fit to be able to do it without getting much out of breath. Eventually we made it and found a 400m woodland path which we had to walk through before finally, FINALLY arriving at the Laguna lookout.

It was quite impressive and because we were nearing sunset, it looked more pretty. We probably didn't appreciate it as much though because we were so worn out. It was a good lookout point though and worth doing. We then headed back down and the hill was pretty challenging to descend as well. Back at the hostel we showered and had a short rest. By then it was time to find a place for dinner. I had remembered that we had passed a Peter Pans on the bus in so we went in search of them or a place with free wifi. I couldn't remember the way but eventually we found that one of the central streets offered wifi from the council. We stayed there for a bit to catch up with the world before heading back to near our hostel for dinner.

Earlier we had spotted a bar/pub which served reasonably priced food. We went back and decided to eat there. I got a Wagyu Burger which to those who don't know is beef which has come from cows who have been fed beer and massaged regularly. This helps make the meat a lot more tender and it was so so delicious. You could really taste and feel the difference. Jennie had the catch of the day which we can't remember what the fish was but that also was really good. It tasted very fresh.

Once we had finished, we headed back to the hostel to get an early night as tomorrow we are going to Australia Zoo - a.k.a Steve Irwin zoo! We are very excited!

More soon,

Rikki x
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: