It's coming to an end......

Trip Start Feb 06, 2012
Trip End Feb 18, 2012

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Czech Republic  , Moravia,
Friday, February 17, 2012

Our 10 full days in Brno are quickly coming to an end.  We leave early Saturday morning.  As I write this, GG is having some final quality minutes before Sid goes to bed. The Z girl is crying in her crib, she just hasn't been on a "schedule" since we arrived.  Michelle brewed me a cup of coffee, something we have had nearly non stop on this visit.  We'll miss hanging out here, it was a nice place to be.  Very cozy, warm and accommodating.  They are fortunate to have a place so close to all they need. They use public transportation whenever they can and have 2 stops within 200 yards from their front door.  I guess I should calculate that into meters but I don't feel like it.

Speaking of buses, we went into Brno yesterday and were hurried to catch our bus back home.  We were running for the final 50 meters and there was a crowd trying to get in.  We arrived just as the doors opened and all of us but Lori were just about inside when Wes decided it was too full.  We had a stroller and he saw no room for it.  So he backed out.  Lori had gone to the front entrance and seeing that we were headed in decide to just board awhile.  Problem was that she didn't see us retreat. The doors closed and she was inside and we were out.  Oh boy!  What do we do now?  Well Wes had us board the bus behind us, the 33, which would take us home but not the same stop as the 31 that Lori was on.  After we boarded, Wes said our bus would stop at all the stops Lori's would and he would try to get off and board hers.  His first attempt failed and he reboarded.  After several more stops we caught up with the 31, and he made the sprint front and rendezvoused.  Crisis averted!  Way to go Wes.  Thanks!

Wednesday evening we went to Wes' hockey game across town. (He's been able to disciple a player on his team recently) This was the team's first playoff game.  The rink was in a steel walled building, very old and cold.  We were all dressed for outside winter weather and we needed it.  His league is a non contact league, meaning no checking or hard body contact.  But there was some talent on both sides.  Fun to watch and an evenly matched game even though the opposition was quicker. They tied the score at three heading into the 3rd period but couldn't hold on and eventually lost 4-3.

Friday we went to the the store and got some souvenirs and such while Wes, Sid and I went skating for an hour on the rink at the mall.  I hadn't really thought about it when he asked if I wanted to do it but I haven't skated since my late teens.  What a rush!  Sidney did well for a 3 year old.  The next Crosby!?   It won't be because his dad didn't try. 

Next stop, the hardware store.  Michelle wants to start a garden in the small backyard so she needed some tools.  Her grandfather gave us some money to buy them.  What a shock when I did not see the usual selection I am used to at Paul Bs.  We are so fortunate here in the states.  We found a hoe and shovel that should make it through one season... hopefully.

One last evening here.  It was a nice time.  It will be sad to leave them. 

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: