Escaping Prague

Trip Start Apr 05, 2008
Trip End Jun 05, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
The Kangaroo something or other

Flag of Germany  , Saxony,
Thursday, May 29, 2008

I am woken up at 1.30am, when the girls come back to the room, they turn on the light and talk at inflated voices in another language. I do the coughing hint and it makes no difference. Then I say in English can you please keep the noise down its almost 2am. They say, ohhh sorry, sorry then continue at the same volume. For over half an hour this contineus with me asking 3 times to please be respectful and be quiet. They just laugh at me and I get angry. I storm out of the room and speak to the guy on reception and insist on moving to another room. He says he will send security down and I say No I want another room. He is a strange guy, very fiery and goes into detail about what a shit day he has had. He give me another room that has only 4 beds and no one is in there and give me my new keypass. I then say I need to remove my bags and get another keypass.

I go into the new room check in out dump my handbag and go back to my old room, picking up my laptop and mobile and small bag. I turn on the light and make as much noise as I can, I don't give a shit. I take it to my new room and when I come back to get my other bag the light is off. I switch it on and get the other bag. Move room, come back, light is off, put light back on and get my bedsheets. Move room, come back, light is off, put light back on and get the last of my belongings. When I am settling in I can't find my mobile phone. So I ask the guy for the keypass again and if he an ring my phone. I locate it in my laptop bag, only after I go back into the old room again, and you guessed it, turn back on the light and make as much noise as possible. Paybacks a bitch eh?

I can't get back to sleep so I do a beauty routine and try and use up some more of my products that are running low so I can throw them out.

I finally fall asleep around 5am. I wake at 9am go have breakfast, which I haven't paid for once and use the internet to check trains to Dresden and a certain someones mobile phone number in the directory.

I am about to kill some time before my train at 1pm and do some washing but I overhear a conversation that the washer isn't very good and leaves the clothes dirty and the dryer takes 3 or 4 times to dry clothes, I opt to use the washing faciliites at the next Youth Hostel.

The same people then talk about what happened at Reception last night, I am thinking they are talking about me, but apparently about an hour after I left the guy on reception lost it with some travellers and yelled and screamed and cut up somone's drivers licence and then erased the 4 minutes from the security tape, luckily it wasn't when I was there.

I get to the station, the train is delayed and I buy lunch and some things for the trip with the last of my Czech money. The trip goes pretty easily its only 2 hours away but i am glad to be on my way out of Prague. I text person and at the start I dont say who it is and we spend the next 2 hours texting backwards and forwards. We discuss the possibility of catching up on the weekend in the Netherlands. I will all him later in the night, ahhh sponteneity is a good thing.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: