Trip Start Sep 06, 2004
Trip End May 22, 2005

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of New Zealand  ,
Saturday, April 2, 2005

We arrived in Dunedin and booked into our hostel, it sounded really posh from the description as it was also a hotel, but I can safely say that this was the worst place I have stayed in.
The hotel definitely stopped at the door of the backpacker part. The beds were terrible, the mattresses were so thin, and I double-checked to make sure that it wasn't just a sheet.
I ate out the whole time a stayed there as the kitchen looked like it was a set from a museum. It wasn't worth booking in anywhere else as I was only staying for two nights and most of the time I was out anyway.
Mary had sent me a text saying that she was in Dunedin and would I like to meet up. She had booked herself onto a ghost hunt tour of the city that night and would I like to join her, it sounded like a good laugh so I got here to book me on it as well and we arranged to meet up outside the information center
Dunedin is supposedly based on the layout of Edinburgh, but as I have never been there I can't really say, but it did look like a nice city.
My first stop was the information center so that I could book my trip to see some penguins. I had chosen a trip that took you to a penguin reserve and then a boat trip back.
I met up with Mary and we waited for our ghost tour guide.
When he turned up he introduced himself as Andy and told us a bit about the tour.
Andy was dressed in a cape and a bowler hat that looked as though his mum had made it for him for his school play, bless. This kind of set the tone for the whole evening. There were four of us in the group and we were shown the most haunted parts of the town, we did get to see some good land mark, but we also got to see some dark smelly alleyways.
Any ghost in its right mind would relocate, because the chance on scaring anyone frequenting these alleyways would be to stoned or pissed to notice any ghosts floating around.
The tour was fun, but I think Andy took it and himself a little too seriously.
Mary and I went for a drink and a good laugh at our tour.
The next day I didn't have to be outside the information center until 1.45pm for my tour. So in the morning I went to a place called the bead shop, one of the girls in my dorm had told me about it. Basically you go in and can make earrings and necklaces. You pick out what beads you want and how you want them strung on the wire and off you go. I made a lovely necklace and earring set. I just had time to drop my stuff back at the hostel and return to the information center in time for my trip. I had promised to phone Mary on my return so that we could go to the pictures.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: