From Seattle to Vernon

Trip Start Aug 27, 2013
Trip End Oct 04, 2013

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
The Clays

Flag of Canada  , British Columbia,
Sunday, September 22, 2013

A sluggish start, well it was about 8am I think. We packed and took ourselves off to Denny's in the drizzly rain. It's funny how time gets away and we found ourselves returning to the hotel at a very brisk pace and zooming down the corridors, bags rattling along at an alarming rate. Checkout effected. Shuttle bus on its way. Only a few minutes later than we'd anticipated. Airport check in nightmare. Blasted machines. You can't ask them a question. No matter, boarding passes printed. Problem number two: one of the suitcases(not mine) was overweight  and would cost another $30 unless we repacked. Repacking in public is really quite embarrassing. Problem number three: getting through security and we all know how much Chris loves that. After practically disrobing we had to go through the machine that gets a really good look at your body. I had to have two turns. (My body must have caused some concern and I still got patted down.) when Chris lifted his arms sans belt, sans braces, his trousers hung precariously to his hips. One false move and he would have provided quite a diversion. Problem number four: finding the departure gate. The boarding pass had a code I really didn't understand but with some direction from a fellow traveller we hustled down the escalator to the shuttle train and eventually found our departure gate. All was well except.... Problem number five: it was raining and my not very old boots let in water. Not impressed. Well we thought all our problems were over. Problem number six: very limited car availability. We decided to take what we could get. Problem number 7: we can't return the car to Vancouver. We have to take it back to the airport at Kelowna. Problem number eight: how do we get to Vancouver? Think I'll sleep on that one.
Arrived at Heather and Doug's place. What a wonderfully warm greeting we received and it was so good to have normal food. The house is made of tyres and Heather and Doug are very strong advocates for self sustainability. Faced many challenges with iPad but thanks to Heather, her expertise and patience, most hiccups have been resolved. (Only took three hours or so!)
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Comments on

What has happened to Chris's hair?

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: