Time to leave India....

Trip Start Feb 10, 2017
Trip End Feb 18, 2017

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Singapore  ,
Friday, February 17, 2017

Well, our trip to India is coming to an end, we are up at 5am today so we can be at the airport by 6.30am, today is going to be a Looooong day, flying via Singapore to Melbourne, then Adelaide! Straight into the shower, no time for breakfast at the Hotel, the breakfast didn't start until I think 7am. We packed all our bags, looked like we were moving house, we had gained one extra big bag full of gifts, and then we bought a few bits and pieces, (like I had bought 5 pairs of shoes, Clint had bought 4!!) and we also had the extra addition of our Wedding outfits, which were actually quite heavy, and bulky. We went downstairs and checked out and they organised us a taxi for the airport. About 10 minutes later the taxi arrived, it was a tiny car, but also had a gas tank in the boot. We had so much luggage. It took about another 10 minutes to push and shove all the bags in. With bags piled high, we were off, took about 25 minutes to reach the airport, didn't seem very busy, until we went inside. We checked in, passed through customs, and then through to Duty Free. Here we found the only souvenirs that we had seen, so we had a look and bought some items. In the next shop, we found CDs and these were real cheap, about $4 each and Clint bought some gifts for our girls.
By this time, my belly became very unsettled, so running to the toilet without looking obvious was a bit hard to do!! Conscious that our boarding time was approaching very quickly, I found Clint, and started to head to the direction everyone else was going, and as we had no idea where our gate was, we kept walking, trying to find signs that pointed to our gate number, and I kept looking for the Toilet signs, in case of another emergency!!! Well, we seemed to walk forever, but eventually found the gate and went through for boarding. Seats on the plane were good, and soon we were up in the air. This sector of the trip, I aimed to get the Travelpod stories done, I just haven't had time to write them. Drinks trolley came around and then we were served lunch, I had a small amount to eat, and continued writing, but still my tummy wasn't right. Just started feeling real tired and bloated tummy.
Soon, our arrival came into Singapore, and we changed terminals by the Skytrain and went to enquire about going on the city tour. Apparently, we got there too late, but it was booked out anyway. Our options now, are either to catch a taxi and go into the city by ourselves, as we have just under 6 hours to wait until the next flight, or to just stay in the Airport and relax. Well, it sounds not like me, but I was stuffed, and I chose to stay in the airport, just wandered around Terminal 2, in and out of shops, sat and had a coffee and watched the sun go down, and then we found a quiet area to just sit quietly. Yes, I must be sick!!!!.......
Once the boarding area opened, we went and made our way to the gate, if was freezing in this area, unless it was me, but I didn't have a jacket or any clothing that I could put on to warm up. Tummy still feeling very uncomfortable. Time for boarding now, we gathered up all our bags and found our seats for the next trip to Melbourne. Flight departed at 11.48pm.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: