Less than one week to go
Trip Start Feb 09, 2013
22Trip End Mar 16, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Today we attempted to pack our rucksacks - and I have to say it went remarkably better than I thought. What started off as trying to get a quart into a pint actually turned out to be a pint into a pint!
For those of you who like lists here is a complete list of my rucksack contents. For those of you who don't look away now:-
- 1x rucksack - I still like the colour of Mayu's one better than mine!
- 1x Barclays Cycle Hire water bottle (silver) dangling from the side - makes me feel all Huckleberry Finn like (a freebie from my old job)
- 1x micro towel (how on earth do they make these so small - must be one of those things that we benefitted from space travel)
- 1x cotton inner sleeping bag (for when you just don't fancy the look of the sheets in the bed)
- 1x first aid kit (containing an assortment of things that you know you will never need and will end up throwing away 3 years after their use by date)
- 1x pouch with all the travel documents (Mayu has a copy in her bag - very sensible)
- 1x large pouch containing shorts, swimming trunks and long trousers (1 pair of each)
- 1x medium pouch containing 4x t-shirts and 2x long sleeve shirts
- 1x small pouch containing smalls (5x pants and 2x socks)
- 1x pair of Tour de France binoculars (another freebie)
- 1x spare bag folded into itself (to bring back Mayu's shopping)
- 1x Virgin Atlantic pouch (freebie) containing 34 days supply of contact lenses
- 1x wash bag containing assorted creams, potions and lotions
- 1x Lonely Planet Guide to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam - how convenient of them to bring a book out just for our trip!
- 1x torch (also doubles up as a lantern) (my favourite item)
- 1x swiss army knife
- 1x pouch containing assorted tablets: malaria, aspirin, ibuprofen, travel sickness (Mayu)
- 1x flip flops
- 1x sandals
- 1x final pouch (hey we like pouches) containing travel plugs, iphone charges, iphone headphones.
- 1x Kent Cricket Club baseball cap - you can take the boy out of Kent.....