Morro De Sao Paulo

Trip Start Feb 02, 2008
Trip End Mar 02, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Pousada Grauca

Flag of Brazil  ,
Thursday, February 14, 2008

la everyone.
It's been quite some time since I got to a fully funcional internet service place and sat down for more than two minutes, so now I'll try to fit in as much as I can.
When last I left you we were on the bus back to Salvador.
After another aweful ride we got to Salvador at 5:30 in the morning, and we waited for Inbar to get there too. At 6:20 she got there and we got on the bus to the marina, and onto the Catamaran to Morro de Sao Paulo.
Morro De Sao Paulo is a beautiful Island with mainly 4 beaches, and pretty expensive.
There was a line when we got off the boat, when we arrived to the front of the line we discovered that we have to pay tax of 6.5 reals if we want to enter the island.
Also, the taxis there were people with wheelbarrels, that helped the tourists off the boat with their luggage through the island (as there are no actual roads there, mostly sand)
We decided against using one of the taxi-barrels, and carried our own luggage through steeply declining and inclining roads. A guy that stuck to us in the first beach promised us to find us a nice pousada where we'll want, free of charge. He stuck even though we said we didn't need help.
We went through the first and second beaches, which were mostly commercial and crowded beaches, and got to the third beach, which was more quiet, albeit a bit more expensive. Our guy helped us find a pousada we liked for 90 R$ a night and we gave him a tip of 2 R$.
We put our stuff in our room, took a shower and went out about the island. we ate at a nice restaurant on the first beach, and then we went to rest. In the evening we went to the second beach, where a group of suco (juice) salespersons formed a square of sorts with their stands. We drank fruit juices and it was really nice.
The next day we got up and decided to go to the fourth beach, which was a more secluded beach than the rest. During our walk a tropical rain started, that lasted half an hour and we managed to take cover inside a beach bar, and ordered us in the meantime Maracuja (passion fruit) suco (juice - remember? :) ) almost 30 minutes later the waitress came back and told us she didn't have any Maracuja, so we changed it to Lemon juice.
When the rain stopped we continued our walk and stopped in a very beautiful place, where we sat and read our books.
At noon, when it seemed like it was gonna rain again - we got our things and went back to the second beach and ate Aai, which is a fruit of the amazons with granola and fruit.
After that we decided to try something called Pastelo, which is dough fried to a crisp, filled with anything from fruit to meat. We decided to go on the safe side and try the Pastelo with nuttela and banana. It was very good.
We continued to travel the island and then we went back to the pousada for the night since it was about to start raining.

On Saturday, after breakfast we traveled the beaches a bit more, and decided to rent chairs on the beach, by buying overpriced drinks in one of the bars. This was a good relaxing time, with the sea two meters from us and the drinks in our hands.
While we were sitting on the chairs, a guy came and gave us a flier for a place called the chill-out bar, where we could, for a cover charge of 5 R$ per person could see the sunset. We thanked him and decided to go there that afternoon.

At noon we went to eat in a restaurant some picanha (Argentinean steak - I never tire of it), which was done ok, but the meal was quite small for the both of us. So we decided to eat a crepe with banana and nuttela.

At 17:00 we went to the chill-out bar, and waited for the sunset.
The sun was setting that day, but since on the horizon were many clouds, the actual sunset wasn't seen from where we are. We were disappointed. We were more disappointed from our drinks, which were done horribly, cost alot, attracted alot of bugs, and weren't actually included in the cover charge.
After that we retired to our room for the night...
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: