Long way home

Trip Start Mar 17, 2008
Trip End Mar 29, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , California
Saturday, March 29, 2008

Woke up early this morning to take some more photos and video of the area around our hotel before heading out to the airport. Saturday traffic is alot calmer than during the week, but still busy. I walked to an area park and observed several games of badminton and a type of hacky sack game being enjoyed by about 10 people in a large area of the park.

It was now time to say good bye to Saigon and head home. The ride to the airport on took 30 minutes this time for the 8 km ride. We checked in and I walked around and took a few more pics inside the airport. The ride to Singapore was a short 2 hour trip, which I tried to sleep to no avail.

Arrived in the worlds greatest airport in Singapore and had about 1 1/2 hours to kill. Took more photos and finally saw a A-380 taking off..That plane is huge...lots and lots of tires on that thing. Checked e-mail and the weather at one of the free internet stations at the gate, then was time to board. This time our seats were closer to the rear of the plane, but didn't really matter since it was still an executive-economy seat.

Again just before the plane left we had our hot towelettes..my favorite!!! Dinner would be served in about an hour and a half and we had our choice of Chicken or beef. I chose the beef since the Chicken looked better for the 2nd meal later in the flight. The service again was exceptional from Singapore Air, checking in all time to see if you wanted drinks etc. The snack station in the back was also a nice feature, a good place to stretch out, read the paper and have a snack/drink.

We arrived 15 hours later at LAX; 3 1/2 hours shorter than the flight there. The flight seemed much shorter than the actual flight time, but had a harder time sleeping on this leg. I think I was too busy watching movies this time. Going to immigration from the plane seemed to go on forever, the electric walkways were turned off and there was construction everywhere. It seemed like a mile before we finally saw the booths. After clearing immigration and customs we headed to the other end of the airport where the United terminal was for our flight back to Portland. The lack of sleep was finally catching up with me and the hour and 43 minute flight seemed like 10 minutes since I slept the whole flight. It was great to be back home and catch up on my sleep.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: