Trip Start Mar 17, 2008
Trip End Mar 29, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Grand Plaza Park Hotel City Hall

Flag of Singapore  ,
Saturday, March 22, 2008

Woke back up early again and will try to get some more photos before the sun comes up around the waterfront. This time I brought both cameras along with my video. The humidity wasn't going to get the best of me this time. Being a holiday the buildings were pretty much black with hardly any lights on, so I didn't even bother with taking any pics of would come out too dark. I was having the same problems again with the lenses, so I wiped all of them off with anti-fog wipes and it seemed to least for the time anyway.

I was able to get some good reflection photos with the still water, but I still am having a hard time with my camera fogging up. Morning seems like the only time I am having this issue for some reason. I went back to the hotel and cleaned up before heading back out again to get day photos of the area before it became too crowded.

It was a beautiful day for a walk and picture taking. This is a very clean and picturesque city. After finishing up with the last of my photos of the central downtown area we headed on the train to Orchard Road; the shopping hub of Singapore. On this road there were several shops and malls in which we were trying to find a gold Merlion pendant. It took about the third jewelry store to find it but it was a success!

Next up was to get a t-shirt for myself at the nearby Hard Rock; it's the touristy thing I do in every city that has one...and my daily wardrobe mainly consists of a Hard Rock t-shirt from somewhere in the world and makes for a nice conversation starter too. Lunch was good and I had my shirt time to do a little more shopping before heading back to the hotel before dinner.

Back at the hotel, it was time to clean up and head to the waterfront area for some happy hour drinks and take in the sights on this beautful day. On the way through restaurant row we were offered free drinks and more to eat at certain was a little early for us to eat again so we always declined. We ended up at the east end of the waterfront were we got a table along the water at an English style pub. Here we had some Tiger Beers and watched the tour boats come up and down the river while the sun set. I was now getting hungry and I was going to try something new since it was our last night in Singapore. On our way to the pub I was looking a all the photo menus on the way and BBQ Stingray caught my eye..This is what my heart was now set on...Stingray or else!!

We found the place about halfway down the riverwalk and were seated along the water..Perfect setting I thought..We ordered som Tiger Beers and dinner. I of course had the Stingray and Carol ordered some cucumber salad since she was full from lunch and probably Tiger Beer too. She was served about 10 minutes later while I had to wait about another 20 minutes for my Stingray...but what was the rush...I only waited 38 years to try it, what was an extra few minutes right!

My dinner has arrived and what a hunk of meat (easily over 1 lb) it was, it looked highly seasoned on top and you could see what looked like the end of the "wing" on one side. I couldn't wait to see if it tasted as it looked. Upon my first bite I suprised. It was a very dense and stringy meat but to me tasted like chicken....just kidding..actually it remined me of Halibut (taste wise), but the consistency wasn't quite the same. I enjoyed my meal very much but ended up too full to finish it all.

Now with tummy clearly full, it was time to walk if off. We headed to the other end where we watched the neon planes the night before around the riverwalk and park area. I must have been getting over my fullness, because I kept salvating over everyones ice cream I saw walking by. Ten minutes later I found my treat and continued on the walk where the planes were out again. This must be a nightly was fun to watch...and I hate to say, but even when one didn't quite pull up in time.

It is now 11:30 and restaurants are starting to close. Guess we will head back to the hotel and pack up for Siem Reap, Cambodia. I'm looking very forward to going here.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: