Champ Car Qualifying 2

Trip Start Sep 17, 2006
Trip End Dec 23, 2008

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Saturday, October 21, 2006

Today was the third day of the Lexmark Indy 300 race weekend, up today was part two of the Champ Car qualifying, along with the first of the V8 Super Car races. The V8 Super Car series is similar to the Touring Car championship back home in England. I arranged to meet up with the Canadian guys at 1pm, but they didn’t actually turn up. I think they must have got confused with the place we agreed to meet at.

I wandered round many stalls the various manufacturers had in an area inside the track. On show were lots of the cars that would be racing later in the day. Also going on was another beauty contest, this time it was for the title of “Miss V8”. At one point I saw the winner of the Miss Indy contest walk by with two female bouncers. I thought about asking for a picture with her but decided I’d make do with one of just her instead.

The V8 Super car race was good, although it passed without any real incident. The Champ Car qualifying saw the Australian Will Power come out on top and so take pole position for tomorrows race, much to the delight of the local crowd. I left after that and headed back to the hostel where I found John the Canadian. He’d looked for me at 1pm but had obviously been in the wrong place (sorry John!).

In the evening I played some cards with John and his Canadian travel buddy Andrew. We went and got a Subway, but by this point I was getting really sick of them! (the Subways not the Canadians!). I also met two Australian girls from Sydney who were staying in the room for the weekend, they had driven up with some friends from Sydney. They’d left at 4pm on Friday, arriving at 2:30am on Saturday. These Australian people think nothing of a mammoth ten hour drive.

As I knew I was running low on clothes I did another laundry run. Yet again though it didn’t pass without incident! This time I washed the clothes, then put them in to dry but forgot to set the dryer going! I returned an hour later and about 15 minutes before it closed to find my clothes still wet and my money stuck in the machine. Not wanting to return to my room with wet clothes I crossed my fingers and set the machine going. 15 minutes later some man turned up with keys to close the laundry. Fortunately again I managed to talk them round and get the laundry to stay open for another hour! By that time I’d safely done my clothes and was well and truly tucked up in bed. Back in the room me, John and the New Zealander guy all agreed to wake up early and go to the beach for sunrise.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: