Day 10: A fantastic ryokan on Miyajima island!
Trip Start Apr 08, 2010
42Trip End May 06, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
We found Ryoso Kawaguchi Ryokan on the internet, by chance while browsing Tripadvisor or any similar websites. And no offense, but we have to say that the website for this ryokan does not reflect the high quality services it provides.
1) This ryokan is very well located, 10 minutes walk from the ferry terminal, close to the main shopping street: walk on this street until you reach the police office, turn left at the intersection, and the ryokan is at the end of this street.
2) The place is very clean, traditional and modernly decorated at the same time, rooms are huge (ours was 10 futons and had separated toilets and sink), staff is really friendly and helpfull (the lady speaks a good english)
3) As in every ryokan, towels and yukata are provided
4) The ryokan has two hot baths, a large one and a small one. They are open until 23:00, and can be used "in private", by simply closing the door!
5) You can chose, but please, take dinner and breakfast at the ryokan. For 4000 yens (dinner) and 1000 yens (breakfast), you have high quality food and service. Something you are used to find in luxury hotels or restaurant, but not at the same price ;-)
Our #1 hotel in Japan by now. A must-go ! Enjoy the pictures...