Chef school

Trip Start Sep 16, 2011
Trip End Nov 20, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Monday, March 12, 2012

Last night did not turn out as planned. Noah had proper work to do and I had stuff to do.  Neither happened.  Firstly I had an unscheduled snooze on the sofa.  And then we lost all power to the house.  Noah investigated and we could not find any reason for the blackout.  We looked outside and there are no lights at the neighbours and the streetlights are out.  There is nothing constructive we can do, so we do not do anything.  A short time later some workman arrive in the street  with their radios blaring and making as much noise as possible whilst they fix stuff.  Sometime later, we are asleep, and the lights come back on.

In the morning, the fellas get up first and they play a game where Elwood pretends to be a toy Buzz Lightyear.  He started playing the game last night when we were on Skype and loves it.  Noah has to be Andy from toy story.

It is Monday swimming day so we get going early and we are (pretty much) on time.  Noah watches Woody swim and I swim laps.  In the few times I have been swimming I can feel I am already loads fitter.  No more gasping for breath at the end of the pool.  I am tiring much less easily.  Excellent.

Woody has a great lesson.  Noah says he really enjoys it and tries very hard in every exercise.  His arms are brilliant and he is now working on his breathing.  Once again, he is delighted to see me swimming.  Woody has a good play in the kids' pool and I just keep swimming...

Back at home, Woody is very tired.  Woody and I play Lego and then read some books.  Woody then suggests that he just has some lunch and then has 'rest time’.   So he eats lunch pretty enthusiastically:  sandwiches, veggie sticks, fruit and cheese.  I think he must be feeling better to eat so heartily.  It does not last long and he is very shortly complaining of a stomach ache and is back in the bathroom.  Poor little pickle. 

Woody lies down for a rest and we read some books.  And the only way to describe what happens next is that Woody gives me the complete run around for over an hour.  It is ridiculous.  He is the one who has been speaking about needing a rest all morning.  Grrrrr.

In the end I guess it is fair to say I bribe him because I tell him if he sits in bed and reads whilst I finish my lunch he can watch some Mickey Mouse afterwards.  I pass him some books, and he says ‘no thank you, I might just lie down and have a rest’.    The boy is quite contrary.

So, Woody watches some Mickey Mouse and eats some yoghurt and I get things ready for our afternoon cooking project.  We are making gingerbread men – Woody has been talking about it since yesterday’s gingerbread-athaon.  I lay out all the ingredients and Woody knows when he sees the ingredients that he has to beat the butter and sugar first and gets on with it.  I am very impressed.  I let him use the electric beaters and he loves it and starts taking himself very seriously.  He says that he does not go to preschool anymore, it is chef’s school. 

Whilst the gingerbread dough is chilling Woody and I do some writing and painting.  I try and get Woody practicing some writing but he is just not feeling it.  So he paints some pictures.  He almost paints a whale but decides it looks more like an owl, so it’s an owl.  I think it looks more like a bus but I do not mention it as it would only confuse things.  He also paints a lion who has got out of its cage and there are lots of tribesmen looking on.  Quite a sophisticated explanation I thought.  He also draws a TV with a program on involving a man and his dog. 

Next we roll out the dough and make the gingerbread men.  Woody loves it but eats way too much of the dough and says he is feeling rough again.  I never know if it is just a rouse to get him out of tidying up.

I check my emails and have some good news.  The editor I sent an article to replied to me and is really positive about my idea and is interested in running it.  I am over the moon.  Absolutely over the moon.   So I have a week to pull together my submission.  I could not be happier about this. 

Woody has a bit of dinner and a bath and then we have a quick read and he is asleep.  He is shattered and seems quite relieved to go to bed.

Noah and I eat dinner and Noah keeps working.  I blog and try and stay awake.  I am thinking early to bed, early to rise.

Good night, sleep tight. x
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: