A slightly trying /tiring day...

Trip Start Sep 16, 2011
Trip End Nov 20, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Australia  , Queensland,
Monday, January 16, 2012

So, last night we get to bed around 1.30am. Not ideal, really. 

Woody gets up 5.30am.  Again, not ideal, really.

Between us going to bed, and Woody getting up – Woody wakes me 3 times.  Two of those times I go sit in his room until he is back to sleep, the third time he gets into our bed.  Not ideal at all.

By 6.10am, we are all sitting in the lounge room.  No one looks particularly pleased to see each other, but Woody is determined that nobody in our house should be rested today.  Grrrrrr.  It is going to be a long day today.

Woody and I head out to a swimming lesson at 8.15am.  Woody is already shattered and is quite clammy and we pretty much have to man handle him into the car.  Not cool.  Noah cracks on with work / job hunting.

We get to swimming, and Woody and I decide we should start the day fresh.  So, I paint on a smile, and we head into swimming.  It starts well and then for no apparent reason Woody starts splashing the other kid and generally  making a nuisance of himself.  I swing between trying to get Woody's attention so  can scowl darkly at him and looking down at my book, pretending that  I don’t  notice his shenanigans (and occasionally –that I don’t even know who that 'spirited’ kid is) .  After a stern word from Karlene, Woody pulls his head in and we have a fine rest of the lesson.

It is a bit grey and threatening rain, but I can see Woody still has trouble on his mind so we stay out in an attempt to tire him out.

We play on the climbing frame, the zip wire, the bikes, the swings, everything....  Woody is happy to be out in the fresh air and we are both better for it.  Although Woody is still a little erratic flitting between things and in some cases, deliberately disrupting other kids games.  So I was kept on my toes...

We then head to the library to join up.  Woody moans the second he steps foot in the library that he does not like quiet voices.  He continues in that vein for a while and then he settles when we head to the kids section, which is brilliant.  It has a Lego play house, massive building blocks, kid’s computers, and other toys,  Woody plays with everything except the books.

We head home and Woody is still clammy, despite it being a cool day.  Turns out he has a temperature.  So we give him some lunch and some panadol and we sit and read quietly.  4 books in, both Woody and I are asleep.

I get up and start cracking on with things from the ‘to do’ list.  I have an accountant’s appointment tomorrow (eeek) and I need to pull some stuff together.  But before I can get on with that, I have to go through the wheelie bin.  Despite having a trillion notepads, I wrote the meeting details on a junk mail catalogue and threw it in the recycling.  What a tit.  So that is how I find myself rummaging through the wheelie bin in the rain.  Slick. 

In the end, I give in, and ring the office and ask them what time it is.  9am.  Thank you very much.  That is easier than going through the bin.

I do a few other errands and Noah job hunts.  He is struggling with the Australian accent spent a good while working out that the ‘Selly’ he thought he spoke, and needed to email,  to was actually ‘Sally’ .  I have also noticed him referring to Australians as ‘foreigners’.  Hmm, I may need to have a quiet word with him about that.

Woody wakes up, looking pretty rough, but as happy as anything.  He eats a massive bowl of cereal and brightens up a bit.

The fellas decide to go to the park and I look at our finances.  Holy Dooley – we need jobs. 

So Noah and Woody happily fly out the door, Noah making carrying an oversized football and Woody's scooter look even more awkward than it is - he has a gift. I sit in the calm of the house with an audio book on and a list to achieve. My calm is broken 5 minutes later with a sweaty looking Noah and an erratically dancing Woody crashing through the fly screen. He's busting for the toilet and Noah has run back from the park carrying the ball, the scooter, and Woody. They make it. 

They head out again and have fun at the park whilst I get dinner together. 

We have some dinner, and Woody stays about a bit later on account of his sleep.  Although, we do think he is under the weather as he is not quite himself and he seems relieved to go to bed.

Noah and I chat about or finances, finish getting stuff ready for accountant and try not to be overwhelmed by the mountain of things we need to do. 

If we get a good night sleep tonight, I am sure it will feel more achievable.

Just a couple more things to do tonight... First things first, I think we will hit the snack cupboard.

Good night fabulous people.  We hope your 2012 is living up to your dreams.  Much love.xxx
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address


clangrantau on

Hi Noah_qnd_Bree,
I am not sure weather you will read this or not, but here goes I liked the way you wrote your blog. like all good holidays they come to an end. You sometimes wish that they didn't because you are enjoying yourself so much this place isn't so bad really safer then most anyway all the best for the future

Accountant on

Wow great job

Accountant Southport on

Thanks for the post, This was exactly what I needed to see.Good list, keep up the good work......

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: