South America Wrap up Session: Sniff!
Trip Start Dec 29, 2009
37Trip End Dec 24, 2010
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
During our amazing South America wind down in and acceptance dinner in Miami we decided in order to fully appreciate all the amazing things that have happened we needed to.. make a list!
Amidst the cheeses and spreads and wine we compiled the below, along with our favourite photos: enjoy our top 3s!
1. Lopes Mendes. Ilha Grande- picture perfectness
2. Prahna, Florianopolis - Small and quiet, you could be there at 10am and no one would be there
3. Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro- buzzy, fun and vibrant
1. Rio de Janeiro- Carnavale!
2. La Paz, Bolivia- Culture and nightlife
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina - Tango and tequila!
1. Tacos and Tequila, Arequipa, Peru - $1 burritos and $4 sangria, yes please
2. Beach side restuarant, Florianopolis- fish, salad, rice, freshness, amazing
1. The Hoff, Taganga.. final night in South America, we did it in style!
2. Lapa Street party, Carnavale, Rio- mental
3. Route 36, Highway Bar, La Paz, Bolivia- err. nuff said.
1. Bogota, Columbia- EVIL
2. Nazca, Peru- BORING
3. Uyuni, Bolivia- There is nothing here
1. Lost City, Columbia- Rum, trekking, views, hammocks, amigos.. awesome
2. Death Road, La Paz, Bolivia- holy hell we nearly died but it was FUN
3. Favela Tour, Rio de Janeiro- Authentic, informative, and intriguing
2. Diego, Lost City, Columbia- So helpful, and he would sneak me toasted cheese sandwiches
3. Cello, Death Road, La Paz- Hilarious, called Em a rug muncher. Brilliant
1. Backpackers Sharehouse, Florianopolis- People food parties. Awesome
2. Wild Rover, La Paz- Cloud beds!
3. Casa de Felipe, Taganga, Columbia- An oasis of hammocks
OMG IM IN SOUTH AMERICA MOMENTS
1. Bus back from Salt flats, Bolivia- Toilet slush and bolivian woman spoonage. weird
2. Mules in Taganga Columbia- They just ran passed and no one blinked
3.Gun toting drug lords in the favela, Rio de Janeiro- Em is married to a grenade launcher
THINGS WE WONT MISS
2. Roosters crowing at 5, 6, 7am!- FAREWELL
3. Stale bread and jam- PFFFFFFFT
1. Red wine, Argentina- yum, more please
2. Caprioskas in Brazil- Endless
3. Colombian Rum! I love it! 12 litres will convert anyone
1. Iguazu falls- Beautiful
2. Sugarloaf, Rio de Janeiro- Sunset, gorgeous
3. Lost City Trek, Columbia- Breathtaking
SUNSETS: AWWWWWWW ROMANCE (I missed you Liv!)
1. Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro- To samba beats with caprioska, perfetto
3. Sugarloaf, Rio de Janeiro- With views past Rio and beyond
MOMENTS WITH LOCALS
1. Volunteering in Cuzco- they kissed our hands
2. Kids on the Lost City Trek- So gorgeous, helping out with farmwork at age 1!
3. Dancing samba in the street/beach/city... they have the most amazing dance moves and booties to go!
OUR AMAZING AMIGOS, We will miss you!
The boys and Gilbo, Steph, Anthony, Brettski, Stripes and Daffs, Zoe, Nic, George, Jess and Belle, Kyle small pants and Antonio, Amy, Alice, Hayley, Tess, Bronwyn, Rob, Luke and Paul, the lads of Cuzco, Dom, Matt James and the terrorists of SA, Jayne and Adam, Nathan, Nargis and Lisa, all the guides who pulled us out of rivers, away from snakes and over mountains, Em and the Bungee jumpers, everyone at Backpacker sharehouse, and all the random and wonderful people we met and never got to have a caprioska with, we salute you!
And that my friends, is South america. Badda bing badda bom..
Dont be sad.. many fun things await! NYC! Europe! Egypt! If only we had money...
Lots of love hugs and kisses
Niks and Em