The First Day's....
Trip Start Sep 08, 2005
8Trip End May 09, 2006
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Four days into our arrival, the weather got frigid. Oh, yeah it's winter here. Back in the States I wouldn't have considered this cold, but life is different when you don't have heating, I discovered this. Everywhere, you could go, inside or out, was always cold. I would wake up in the morning and watch my breath drift into the air. I think Alicja and I lived in as many layers of clothes as we had brought (we even had to barrow some) for three weeks straight. I could never get warm.
I came to look forward to:
- hot milk in the morning for breakfast
- hot showers
- my bed (I slept fully clothed)
Our first weekend, Saturday afternoon, Michael & Cari Dugan's joined us..
A quick note for those of you who are not in the know--- Paraguay was originally Michael & Cari's place of internship; Alicja & I jumped on the boat at the last minute.
- Ember Canada (yours truly); from Kentucky (all suthern' & proud of it, hahaha)
- Alicja Trojanowska; from Poland (she's the best! try & guess her age :)
- Michael, Cari, & little Gabriella Dugan; (we call them the multicultural family) hailing from Brazil, Canada and the States.