Oh what is that intoxicating scent you are wearing

Trip Start Dec 28, 2004
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Alaska
Sunday, May 10, 2009

Well i have arrived here in Alaska and i must say that i am pretty much ready to leave now and get back to my real life.  IM was pretty sad to see me go.  I was leaving for the airport at 5am and she was leaving for the bus terminal at the same time to go back up to her home so i put her in a cab first....hug, kiss, a few tears and the last i saw of her was her little hand pressed against the window as the car drove off.  That sucked but although i miss her, its nice to know that she will be there when i get back and we can resume our whacky relationship.

My airport adventure wasnt too hectic this year despite the fact that i had 4 flights spread across the rim of the pacific ocean.  First up was the flight from bangkok to hong kong which went off without a hitch.  the only thing that threw me off was that I only received one boarding pass for 4 flights.  the airline counter lady informed me that i would receive the rest of them in hong kong but since my first flight was with Cathay Pacific I only got that pass because their computers didnt talk to the other computers.  Not a big deal really but I only had 50 minutes to catch my connection in hong kong.

I get off the plane in hong kong and am informed that i have to go to "W1" to get my boarding pass which is of course at the end of one of those endless hallways that line the airports.....you know, the ones with 10 moving sidewalks set up end to end.  So I rush down that hallway at a quick pace and find W1 but the people at the counter tell me I have to go to another check in area which happened to be a train ride away.  are you f'ing kidding me?  I looked like OJ simpson in those old tv commercials as i dashed through the airport in search of my ticket and my gate.  luckily i made it because being stuck in hong kong would be an expensive undertaking for someone who had no money.

so hong kong to korea which was again uneventful until it was time to disembark at which point i was check for swine flu with various sensors and questions.  i was pretty sure i was without the flu but now i am positive because i was given a clean bill of health by the koreans who let me board my plane to seattle.  Now this flight was the long one....10 hours over the pacific which is quite a long time to be in the air.  the only unfortunate thing about this flight was that i was sat next to an indian woman who had never used a stick of deoderant in her life. every time she shifted in her seat i would be overwhelmed by the stench of chicken masala and toxic BO that was strong enough to make my eyes water.  Look, i'm not a big fan of deoderant and wiping that shit across my body every few hours BUT when i go on these flights i bathe in it just so I will not stink up the guy next to me.  i know you are from india lady but come on man, get some speed stick!

Seattle was a pleasant surprise just because i wasnt butt raped by the customs people like last year.  its funny, when i come back to america i really feel like i dont belong here, like i'm an outsider and out of my element.  over the years the feeling grows stronger and its getting harder and harder to assimilate back into this crappy culture in which i find myself.

My friend picked me up from the achorage airport and we headed to his house which is a little outside of anchorage up in the mountains.  upon arrival there was a bit of snow flurries as we exited the truck and headed towards his cabin.  how in the hell did i go from beautiful beach and little brown girls to the bullshit of snow flurries and freezing muddy driveways?  things have not gotten much better upon my arrival in homer.  I have set up my tent up on the side of the same hill where the bear attacked me a few years ago.  its actually in the same exact spot as i could still make out the shape of the dead spot that my tent had caused a few years back.  i sleep ok in my tent but around 3am every night i wake up and am freezing to death since the temperature is only around 30 degrees (-2 for you europeans).  I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.
Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: