South West Bolivia
Trip Start Nov 17, 2006
19Trip End Jan 24, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Location: Uyuni, Bolivia
Date: Sat 6th Jan 07
For the last 3 days we were touring in the south west of Bolivia through salt plains and other great natural wonders. A few highlights of the trip were:
1. a train graveyard - even though we could have done this apart from the tour, we had so much fun taking creative photos on, in or around the rusting train carcasses and railway.
2. the salt plains themselves - driving over endless salf plains in 4wds was great fun! again we were really creative with our photos and had a lot of fun with it - but yer... some are not the kind i will be showing to mum
3. lakes filled with flamingos reflecting the mountains in the background - just great scenery really.
1. freezing cold nights in very basic accomodation
2. not enough food - the food on the trip was some of the worst we have had so far in terms of quality and quantity
3. the result of bad food - a case of food poisoning that knocked me out for a day, and took some time to get over - thankfully it was the last day of the tour and i was able to get back to civilisation to recover somewhat.
We finished the tour and entered Chile for a day - what a shock - civilisation but it was really expensive - way more expensive than anywhere else we had been. There was also no buses to where we wanted to go for a few days, and so we organised a private transfer to Argentina - a 12 hour journey, for $80US each... very expensive!