Trip Start Dec 21, 2009
77Trip End Ongoing
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
So in the small town of Arad (half way through my day trip) i sit in the sun enjoying a coffee and it suddenly occurs to me: 'You are in Romania, HELLO!!!'
It amazes me that in the 124 days i have spent away from Melbourne i have:
- Spent New Year’s Eve in Dubai drinking on a roof top
- Trekked to the base camp of Mount Everest and to the top of Kalla Pattar
- Spent a month and a half having a complete breakdown and then re-built myself whilst learning how to cook in Pidmont
- Stayed on my first ‘couch’ and ate enough gelato to make any one sick in Siena
- Helped bring some light to a family and borrowed a hat in Venice
- Spent 6 days walking around in the rain in Budapest
- Discovered a country that is nothing like its stereotypes in Baia Mare
- Hitch hiked a tractor
- Travelled for 9 hours to spend 2 days hobbling around Sibiu
- And then spent close to 16hours travelling back north to spend a week on a couch to heal my ankle in Baia Mare.
- Not to mention I now have enough stories to fill a life time but have so many more opportunities and people to still to have and meet.
I am in ROMANIA!! And with so many plans coming up (which may or may not happen) I truly feel lucky to be where and who i am as i sit here in the sun in Arad.
And as the sun sets at the end of my 124th day away from Melbourne i feel a sense of hope and purpose for my travels. It’s meant to be a solo journey, filled with many collisions with other people. Every day my goals for the future become clearer and despite i may be facing them alone, now i don’t find that prospect so scary. There will always be crap to face but i am starting to learn that i am strong enough to make the decisions and face the crap on my own, and that sometimes the decision to make no decision at all is ok. Just go with it!