Melbourne.... HECTIC!

Trip Start Jan 30, 2010
Trip End Jul 27, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Coburg Big4 Caravan Park

Flag of Australia  , Victoria,
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

After leaving our quiet little beachside site at Woodside Beach, we followed the coastline as much as possible again. Drove through Yarram and yep the rain has kicked in! Headed south from there right out to the coast again to the quaint little Port Albert which would have been really pretty if there wasn't gale force winds and torrential rain! We didn't get out of the car – way too cold and wet!   Then on to Welshpool and out to the coastal village of Port Welshpool.  Very pretty once again, but he weather let us down! Back on the highway through Foster, then turned off at Tarwin and headed back down towards the coast.  Checked out Lower Tarwin and Venus Bay. Gorgeous but the weather was awful – so windy, pouring rain and freezing.  Had a bit of a look around, but too cold.  Then on to Inverloch and we took the Bunurong Coastal drive via Cape Patterson to Wonthaggi. Quite picturesque and we had periods of sunshine that were so pleasant so we were able to get out of the car now and then for a look.  Couldn’t find a decent park here so just kept driving.  Ended up at Grantville.  Could drive no more in the torrential rain.  We were squashed into a dodgy caravan park right outside the amenities block under the clothes lines… pretty ordinary.  Rain stopped for a while this arvo so we were able to do a waterside walk and take a look at the tiny township.  Back to the van for the arvo before the next deluge of rain. Pretty ordinary park.

From Grantville, we headed on to Melbourne. Crossing the city in the van wasn’t much fun but Billy did a fine job and got us safe and sound to the Big4 Caravan park at Coburg by lunchtime!  Set up camp then headed off to check out DFO for the afternoon. The weather is cool still but no rain which is good.  There are a heap of backpackers staying here in the park and we are camped just outside the recreation room so hearing every bump and giggle.  Driving us mad!  At 10pm Bill went up to reception and complained about the noise.  So Frustrating! Next day we headed into the city and wandered around.  Checked out the old gaol which was really great.  Headed to Lygon St for an awesome Italian lunch and then caught the tourist tram around the city getting on and off at various destinations.  Was fun.  Had dinner tonight with great friends Lou and Michael from Melbourne - Italian again - Billy's favourite which was bloody great!  Great friends, great food, doesn't get much better than this!

Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: