Kia Ora!

Trip Start Aug 24, 2004
Trip End May 09, 2005

Loading Map
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed

Flag of New Zealand  ,
Thursday, August 26, 2004

Well, here I am! I'm on Queen St. in Auckland above a Starbucks and near a far from home. ha. Well my flights went well. The flight from Milwaukee was ok except for the boredom. At least I didn't have anyone to sit next to.

LAX was a huge mess to me. I found my way to the Qantas Int. terminal and winded through the many lines. Upon getting through the metal detectors I was in a rush, jamming IDs, tickets, and other assorted things back into my pockets. I was under the impression that my flight had already been boarding so I was in a rush. I didn't bother to tie my shoes.

Mistake number one.

Only feet from the X-Ray conveyor belt I begin walking and yes, both shoes caught on each other and there I went-head first into the floor. I managed to scare two girls working there who actually seemed concerned that I had hurt myself (my Nalgene bottle made a loud sound when I hit). Embarrassed, I decided to get up and out of there as fast as I could.

Mistake number two.

As I stood back up, I responded to the girls who were concerned about me until that response was cut short by my own repeat performance of the last fall. Here, multiple hours later, I have a bit of a bruised knee. I sat on the floor of LAX, a couple of strings. I tied them and moved on, kind of laughing and thinking "what a great start".

The international flight was actually quite nice. I slept maybe 7 or 8 hours, but I caught most of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (again). I arrived at about 5:30 am and after the several check points were passed with flying colors, I boarded the Airbus in shorts and two shirts. I was cold. I arrived at the Auckland City YHA a good half an hour later and checked in. To sum up the day, I ended up walking around, then coming back to find that I had a roommate and then walking around (and going to orientation) with him. The orientation was good, but long. Anyway, it's about 5:00pm (midnight of yesterday in the Midwest) and this place is about to close so I'll wrap it up. I think tonight will consist of more walking and exploring. I also should have brought playing cards. I'm sure I can pick them up though. thanks for reading, adios!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • Please enter a comment.
  • Please provide your name.
  • Please avoid using symbols in your name.
  • This name is a bit long. Please shorten it, or avoid special characters.
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: