Trip Start May 07, 2007
23Trip End Aug 06, 2007
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
I ought to warn you that you may not believe the things that happened to me during this trip. All of my entries, stories are true accounts, including.
1) Two Tibetans who pulled machettes on me then chased me out of their friends house
2) Crossing 4 glacial rivers,water up to waist height with my mountain bike and pannier system. Then arriving exhausted at a school where a teacher nursed me back to strength.
3) Being transported 300km in lorry after a day I suffered 4 punctures
4) I got stopped, arrested and searched by the police
5) I bypass 2 military checkpoints by dodging them along a river bank.
6) I end up wild camping in a restricted military zone
7) I kid with soldiers on exercise, Kalashnikov's on their back, as I pretend that I will steal their guns and shoot them!
8) I have a accident involving a motorbike at 5,000 metres
9) I stay illegally in monestaries across the whole of Tibet! and get into over half of the museum type monestaries for free!'
And much much more....
I am also trying to write a book about the my last three years of travels in Asia, which have included many experiences verging on the insainty.