Two families having dinner together

Trip Start Feb 09, 2011
Trip End Feb 26, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day:  2 (evening)

Temperature:  21 Celsius
Weather:  Warm breeze, million stars

In the evening, Justin met us at the hotel at 7:15pm. We had been waiting for him since around 5:30pm because I just couldn't remember what time he said he’d come.  So during those two hours of waiting, Michel had fallen asleep in the hotel's front lounge, I had time to change three times due to the weather changing to cooler and as I kept watching my watch, I gradually saw the sky change from light to dark!  Its amazing what one can do to pass the time!

So when Justin finally arrived, well he was all puffed up and exhausted from having done so many things during the day in preparation of tomorrow night’s big event!  After he took a quick shower in our room, a taxi was taken in front of the hotel and we headed to Fiorella’s parents home, a good 30 minutes drive.

We were greeted by her father as he welcomed us into his house while at the same time informing Justin that Fiorella and her mother were doing some errands and would be arriving shortly. 

As we all sat in the living room, Justin did most of the talking while we nodded in agreement to whatever our son was saying or translating for us and to us.  Panic soon settled in for me when shortly afterwards, Justin, the little devil had to leave the room for a while leaving us stranded as we tried the best we could to communicate with his future father-in-law. 

The word "lo siento" meaning I am sorry was said often because even though we tried hard to talk and understand what each one of us was saying, well, it didn’t go that well!  Plus, I was the only one doing all of the talking in Spanish because Michel did not know a word.  What minutes felt like hours, Michel and I were finally saved by Mili, Fiorella’s lovely older sister who suddenly appeared and assisted us with the translation.  Hourra for Mili!  Shortly after, Justin reapperared and Fiorella arrived with her mother.  It was time to leave for dinner at one of the Larcomar Shopping Mall restaurants.  

The dinner was quite nice in which we all got to toast to the future newlyweds.  Plus, it was an evening where we got to know one another and I got to practice mi Espanol un poquito! 

It was around 9:30pm when Michel and I walked back to our hotel, a mere two blocks away after politely refusing a ride back from Fio’s parents.  At night, the mall looked marvelous with all the lights on plus the big white cross on top of a mountain in the far distance looked stunning.  The area was still crowded with tourists enjoying a nice walk or dinner along the ocean.  Buenas noces a todos!  Hasta luego!

Monique   :-)
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: