Afternoon move to a hotel near the ocean

Trip Start Feb 09, 2011
Trip End Feb 26, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Peru  ,
Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day:   2 (afternoon)

Temperature:  28 Celsius (felt warmer)
Weather:   Smog and grey sky with warm breeze

Since I wanted to go to the Miraflores section of Lima and this right next to the ocean, the three of us jumped into a taxi heading to my kind of touristy spot, to an area of the city which had beautiful emerald green parks and lovely paths to walk along the cliff. It also had the famous Larcomar Shopping Mall for me to shop plus many, many nice restaurants.

As we walked along the cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, all my memories of my trip here from two years ago were coming back.  The area was so beautiful!  So beautiful that right here on the spot, I decided that I wanted to move and stay in a hotel really close to the ocean so that I could walk along the cliff at any time of the day without having to be bothered of taking the taxi to come here. That even though the rented apartment was nice, well, it was in a busy section of Lima and not within walking distance to the ocean. 

Plus we were here to have fun, for me to take tons of pictures and not just to follow Justin around!  Great reasoning right!

After having walked a few blocks, a really nice hotel "Miraflores Colon Hotel" was spotted.  It was located only two blocks from the Larcomar Shopping Mall and ocean.  The hotel management was extremely pleasant as they gave us a tour of the place and after a few negotiations, we settled for a really good deal which included breakfast.  We were given a room on the 9th floor with a wonderful view of the ocean right in front of us, well, in between buildings.  Regardless, it was a view to dream of and I was on cloud nine!!!   That's all that mattered!

So, the next few hours were spent moving all my stuff that I had unpacked and stored in the closets of the rented apartment.  In a rush, everything was thrown back into the suitcases as the hotel’s taxi waited for us.  Within 15 minutes, Michel and I were all packed and ready to move out of the apartment and into our rented room at the hotel.  Justin was there to help us along.  Poor him!  However, he made sure that nothing was left behind.  As for himself, he decided to stay in the rented apartment up until the wedding day, being tomorrow night!

Therefore, once our move to the hotel was completed, Justin left us behind while he continued on his own with his errands.  You didn't have to convince me twice as I headed out the door with Michel and walked along the cliff.  What a gorgeous afternoon we had and relaxing.  We took our time and walked for a few hours stopping occasionally just to admire our vistas.

Monique   :-)
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: