Back in the Saddle

Trip Start Aug 02, 2011
Trip End Aug 17, 2011

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines
Where I stayed
Sayta Ranch
What I did
Horseback Riding with the Gaucho

Flag of Argentina  ,
Monday, August 8, 2011

We got to sleep in a little because breakfast was not served until 9:30.  The breakfast was very simple (biscuts, cereal, hot chocolate, etc).  After breakfast we all got ready for our day.

Necia's parents went on a day trip to Cafayette with a guide (Angie).  The rest of us headed out for a day of horse back riding.  All of the horses were very nice.  Shaeleigh's horse was named Gypsy, Malesa' horse was named Malanga, Necia's horse was named Nocherra, and I do not know the name of the horses Parker and I rode.

As we were all beginners it took a little work to get us all in saddle, but once in the saddle we were off and riding.  Parker's horse liked to be in the lead.  All of the horses seemed to like Parker's horse and wanted to be near it. 

The horses did not go too fast, but that was okay with us as we were all getting used to riding.  We rode down some roads, along some dry creek beds and along some pastures.  After about 2 hours of riding, we got to try galloping.  They lined us all up and we took turns galloping.  The Gaucho would ride along side us to make sure we were safe. 

I had never gone as fast as we went on the horses.  It was a little scary, but it was fun.  After we got done galloping, we rode back to the farm where we had lunch (at about 2:30).

The lunch was a BBQ with all kinds of steak, sausage, ribs, vegetables, salad, breads, etc.  It was a great lunch and no one left the table hungry.  Enrique wanted to make sure everyone had eneough to eat.  We ate more than we should have, but we really enjoyed the lunch.

Parker, Shaeleigh, Malesa and I went out for another 3 hour ride in the afternoon.  I thought it was going to be hot, but it was really a very nice time to go riding.  We went on a different direction.  We saw the tabacco farms, and where the people lived.  We went across a dry river bed.  We also did some more galloping.  We had all imporved sigificantly and did much better at it.  We had to ride up a steep hill to get back to the ranch. 

Overall it was fun.  Shaeleigh's horse fell once, but she was brave and no one got hurt. Six hours of horse back riding was very fun, but I was very sore at the end of the day.

We had a nice family dinner.  Tonight we had stew, and had a great time talking with Enrique and Martina.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: