Day five Ireland saint Patrick's day

Trip Start Jan 16, 2013
Trip End Ongoing

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of Ireland  , Dublin,
Sunday, March 17, 2013

I had high expectations for st.pattys day and I was a little disappointed with it. We came early to get good standing positions for the parades. There are two parades for st. Pattys day: the people's parade and the real parade. The people's parade is full of people from all over the world. Most of them were dressed in funny costumes and had banners explaining who they were. Dlaine ( who is a proud Texan) saw about 20 people walking in the parade that she knew, Texas has a lot of people who come to Dublin for st. Pattys day. It was rainy and cold for the whole people parade and I had to step into Starbucks to put on another pair of socks in between the parades. I missed the first 10 minutes of the real parade trying to get back to Jalan and Dlaine. The real parade had bagpipes and military personnel. There was also different countries showing how they immigrated to Dublin. There was also a lot of circus groups, which sometimes were a bit scary looking. After the parade our feet were so frozen we didn't want to have to walk far to find a pub. The closest area to us was temple bar, which is touristy and expensive. We celebrated St. Patrick's day in Dublin will about 800,000 other non Irish tourist. But the pubs we celebrated in were full of happy, singing, dancing people. The atmosphere was electrifying. Around 630 we left to go find our bus to the ports. We got to the bus stop at 655ish because we thought the last bus was at 7. Unfortunately we read the bus schedule wrong and for Sunday the last bus was at 5. We took a taxi to the port. Our taxi driver was really nice and he gave us a little guided tour along the way. The ferry ride wasn't too bad and it only lasted 3 ours. The bad part was that we had to wait in the train station from 1 am till 5 am. I've always a wanted to visit Wales but not like this sitting in a freezing cold train station for 4 hours. Finally we get on me train and we our supposed to arrive at 830 ( time for me to make it to me 9 am class) but there is a problem with the over head wires and something about broken trains. We get dropped off at another station, had to wait for another train to come pick us up. W finally made it back to campus at 1015. Just enough time for me to grab breakfast and got to my 1030. The end product being that I am tired and need to take a long hot shower.
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: