Orange NSW 2800 II
Trip Start May 18, 2004
48Trip End Jul 08, 2013
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
Where I stayed
11. Gala Day Hockey Games: Hockey seems to be one of the popular sports in Australia, but not in Japan. I had never seen a hockey game live before I watched the games in Orange Hockey Centre. It was like a soccer played with a small ball and sticks and almost all the players were females.
12. National Tree Day: I took part in a National Tree Day event and enjoyed planting some trees. I hope they will grow up and become good fresh air providers, looking forward to coming back to the place and seeing them again in some decades.
13. NSW Bike Week, CSU/BUGS Bike Orienteering: The event held on September 23 in northern part of Orange
14. Food: There are very few Australian original food, but many different international food for immigrants are available in Australia. I would like to try food from different countries here so as to prepare for tasting authentic one in the countries someday.
15. Australian Birds: I have seen some beautiful wild birds in the neighbourhood and most of them are parrots. Australians are familiar with them and the birds may not be worth taking a picture of, but in my country (Japan), you have to go to a zoo or aviary to see them. In fact, I was not interested in birding while in Japan, but now I watch birds without realising it sometimes in Australia. It is a pity that I cannot take a good picture of the birds because I don't have a telescopic lens.
It is a Hindi festival held in Newman Park, but a lot of non-Hindi attended the festival. We watched Hindi dances and short movies. I hadn't expected this, but I saw some friends there and enjoyed talking with them. I enjoyed free hot dog as well.
17. Bathurst Regional Airport
Obviously, this trouble was brought about by my fiasco. I didn't book a train to Sydney somehow and when I tried to book it, all the seats had been sold out. Thus, I had to take a flight to Sydney. Because Orange Airport is 13km from my place, it seemed impossible to walk up there. So I used Bathurst Airport instead. Actually, the airport is 8km from the train station and it was also a hard walk, but I had no better choice at the time. I had already booked flights from Sydney to Darwin and Darwin to Tokyo and the flights couldn't be changed....
18. Goods for Orange Life
Miscellaneous interesting goods I found in Orange life
19. Dragon Boat Regatta
Dragon boat has been getting popular in Australia
20. Pinnacle Lookout & Mt Canobolas
To get to the lookout of Pinnacles, I had to climb 10 minutes from the parking lot, but it was rewarding. A view from the lookout was awesome. On the other hand Mt Canobolas was easy to access and I just drove to the top. There were many visitors there contrary to a few visitors in Pinnacles. Unfortunately, there are many bushes around the summit and I could hardly get a good view. The summit is higher than Pinnacle Lookout, but I prefer the latter.21. Small Creatures