Trip Start Oct 30, 2010
49Trip End Aug 27, 2011
Map your own trip!
Show trip route
The Ingredients and directions for cook up are as follows:
- azuki (red beans) or beans of your choice, pre cooked
- green onions
- chilli peppers
- celery (including leaves)
- bell peppers
- Fish fillet (trout in this case)
- Nichola’s marinade (consists of blended celery, shallots, broad leaf thyme, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli pepper, and weri weri)
- Bullion cubes
- Cooking oil
- Coconut milk (fresh or canned)
1. Descale trout fillet, cut into 2 inch pieces, tenderize and set in salt, vinegar and water for 30 minutes.
2. Grate coconut flesh into basin and soak in water for 30 minutes
3. In the meantime, chop all vegetables (except beans) into fine pieces.
4. Remove fish from vinegar, drain and marinate with Nichola’s marinade, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Let sit for another 10-20 minutes.
5. Squeeze ground coconut flesh to excrete coconut milk into water. Remove the coconut grinds.
6. In a pressure cooker or large pot, fry a small amount of all vegetables in oil.
7. Once they are golden brown and emitting a nice smell, add rice, enough coconut milk cutwith water to cook the rice, beans and remaining vegetables and bullion cubes to enhance taste. Cook in pressure cooker for 15 to 20 minutes, or in a covered pot for 30-40 minutes until rice is tender and water has been absorbed.
8. Coat fish in a layer of flour and fry in 2cms of cooking oil until golden brown.
9. Peel plantains, slice into 1cm slices and pan fry in oil as well.
10. Serve with Salad and a fresh glass of Guava juice!