Back Home

Trip Start May 13, 2007
Trip End Jun 03, 2007

Loading Map
Map your own trip!
Map Options
Show trip route
Hide lines

Flag of United States  , Rhode Island
Thursday, June 7, 2007

I have safely arrived back home in Rhode Island. Yesterday, Uncle Bill and I worked on packing, cleaning, and preparing the camper for storage. I liked the place we stayed at. There was bike paths near by to go running or use if I had a bike. It was a peaceful area except for the train tracks. It had all new facilities and good internet connection. I think you will like it Auntie Gayle.
After we dropped off the camper for storage, I had to find a post office to mail a box of things home. We thought it'd be easy, but after driving around the area where the camper was and Santa Jose without finding one, I was getting discouraged. Uncle Bill was saying no wonder they're having trouble getting business, they're impossible to find. On the other hand, we saw lots of Bank of Americas. Uncle Bill suggests that they get into the mailing business :). We found one in Santa Cruz after asking the mail man for directions. The guy told Uncle Bill the directions, but said it was right before x street. Uncle Bill corrected him in saying when we get to x street, we went to far, since we're not from the area. After finally getting the package mailed, we went to find a place for lunch, which also took a little bit of time. Later, at the airport, we heard an announcement about the location of a post office within the airport. I started to laugh, but Uncle Bill said don't start.
After lunch, we went to the movies, but none of the movies we were interested in seeing. So, we went to the airport. We dropped off the rental car and took the air train to San Francisco International. We went to my terminal first to drop off my baggage. I then helped carry Uncle Bill's baggage to the international terminal. After he checked in, we hanged out for a while in the international terminal until it was time to go through security. I went back to terminal 1 and went through security with little problems. I felt bad for the Asian person in front of me who kept setting off the alarm and had to be pulled aside.
I found my gate without much trouble. I just chilled at the gate, watching the planes land and take off, making phone calls, and listening to my IPOD. It was interesting watching planes land and take off at the same time. You could look out across the bay and see the planes lining up to land. It was also funny seeing the wide variety of sizes of planes coming and going. My plane left on time around 10:30pm (Pacific) 1:30am (Atlantic). San Francisco looks amazing all lit up at night. I had some trouble sleeping on the plane. I was in the second to last row to the back. I couldn't figure out how to recline the chair. I think I got at least an hour or so of sleep over the four and a half hour flight. I think I saw one of the Great Lakes and Chicago before landing in Pittsburgh around 6am (Atlantic).
My flight to Providence got bumped down a couple of gates. Everything else went well. While waiting during the two and a half hour layover, I watched prop planes come and go. I thought I was going to be on a puddle jumper, but then a jet plane slightly bigger came in to the gate. We left on time at 8:35am. I got a window seat on this leg. I took some pictures of a cloud bank, Providence, and CCRI Warwick. I got maybe a half hour nap during the hour flight. The landing was smooth until the pilot slammed on the breaks real hard towards the end of the runway. I think we missed the taxi lane he wanted to take. I got my luggage and found dad with no problems.
After leaving the airport, we stopped in at Grandma Hoskin's to check in on her flooded basement and to take the trash out. When pulling up, the car was in the driveway. I was chuckling cause Uncle Bill wanted to know when that happened, but the car was out because the stuff damaged from the flood was in the garage. So now I'm home. I slept through the rest of the afternoon. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do and need to do before camp starts on Saturday. I hope everyone enjoyed reading my travel logs. Don't forget to check out for the pictures I didn't put on Travel Log. Thanks again so much to my Uncle Bill for having me travel with him and taking me to all the places we went. Have a great summer everyone!
Slideshow Report as Spam
  • Your comment has been posted. Click here or reload this page to see it below.

  • You must enter a comment
  • You must enter your name
  • You must enter a valid name (" & < > \ / are not accepted).
  • Please enter your email address to receive notification
  • Please enter a valid email address

Use this image in your site

Copy and paste this html: